Migrating the forum NOW

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

stiv
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:58 am
Location: 45N 86W

Post by stiv »

Thanks for your work, B@rt!

I like the new look, but IMHO it could use a little tweaking:

A 'reply' button down near the bottom of the thread would be nice. Seems a little dysfunctional to scroll back to the top to reply.

I find the greyish text and the widgets lack contrast against the background. This could just be me. I also find the blue-text-on-black that people use for their webpages to be totally unreadable.

Timothy
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:20 pm
Contact:

Post by Timothy »

stiv wrote:Thanks for your work, B@rt!

I like the new look, but IMHO it could use a little tweaking:

A 'reply' button down near the bottom of the thread would be nice. Seems a little dysfunctional to scroll back to the top to reply.

I find the greyish text and the widgets lack contrast against the background. This could just be me. I also find the blue-text-on-black that people use for their webpages to be totally unreadable.
I agree with the reply button, and will see about adding those buttons below the thread too.

The greyish text is actually white text though (#ffffff) so perhaps you need to set your screen a bit brighter? Same for the blue.

Timothy

stiv
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:58 am
Location: 45N 86W

Post by stiv »

Timothy wrote: The greyish text is actually white text though (#ffffff) so perhaps you need to set your screen a bit brighter? Same for the blue.
The blue text here is fine. I was refering to the dark-blue txt on a black background that is common on ugly webpages.

The grey text I was talking about is the link section down at the botton of the page - the stuff that appears below "Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group"

BTW, thank to you Timothy also, and anyone else who has been working on the site updates.

joeri
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:41 pm
Contact:

Post by joeri »

B@rt wrote:
joeri wrote:So, how are you going to solve the issue that pressing help in blender 2.43 opens a page that does not exist?
Do you mean the 'Getting Started' link? We fixed that tonight.
Yes that one. Nobody complained so I'm guessing it's not used much.

B@rt
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:10 am

Post by B@rt »

joeri wrote:
B@rt wrote:Do you mean the 'Getting Started' link? We fixed that tonight.
Yes that one. Nobody complained so I'm guessing it's not used much.
Well, I'd say that the people who visit this forum don't need that link anymore. New users probably do. Anyway, if people complain we'll send in our cover-up team and make sure it is ehm.. forgotten :)

Cheers,

Bart
BlenderNation: Fresh Blender News, Every Day

joeri
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:41 pm
Contact:

Post by joeri »

B@rt wrote:
joeri wrote:
B@rt wrote:Do you mean the 'Getting Started' link? We fixed that tonight.
Yes that one. Nobody complained so I'm guessing it's not used much.
Well, I'd say that the people who visit this forum don't need that link anymore. New users probably do. Anyway, if people complain we'll send in our cover-up team and make sure it is ehm.. forgotten :)

Cheers,

Bart
A yes, the red flashy thing.

joeri
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:41 pm
Contact:

Post by joeri »

Timothy wrote:
joeri wrote:Can the icons antialias towards the dark backcolor please?
Image
Wow you found the one bad pixel! :)

Matt will make some new icons, these are the ones I slapped together.

p.s.
On my computer that icon looks better for some reason.
This year?

Timothy
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2002 3:20 pm
Contact:

Post by Timothy »

joeri wrote: This year?
Yes this year

joeri
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 6:41 pm
Contact:

Post by joeri »

Cool. Can't wait (as you know).

Post Reply