Best online 3D site for news...? Blender or non-Blender....

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Koblesky

Best online 3D site for news...? Blender or non-Blender....

Post by Koblesky »

I am just getting into 3D (after a long absence). What are the best websites, besides all the great Blender sites, for 3D talk, news, etc. Real stuff, not just product pitches.

3D World just seems to be print, and I cant find anything else. Even combo 3D/2D animation sites are good. I am just hungry to read a lot of things.

Thanks to anyone who answers! I love Blender. It is awesome. and the reason I am getting back into 3D. Free, and great. thank you Blender.

p.s for history buffs, I used a 3D program called 'Digital Arts' in the 80's that ran on 286 PCs! It was pretty darn good too.

oin

Re: Best online 3D site for news...? Blender or non-Blender.

Post by oin »

dunno, maybe 3dlinks.com , 3dbuzz.com . Maybe cgtalk.com forums(the only I really visit this days, usually as there are hanging some super aces, pros that have really neat tricks...In several occassions saved me from a huge bug on certain comercial applications... ) ... I use polycount forums (well, this I visit from time to time to know what's the latest hype or something... ) since almost its start for game art stuff/news... (before was much more active the site news, but one can't ask for all for free ;) ...so cool that the forum has kept alive all these years... )

Koblesky

thanks!

Post by Koblesky »

Thanks! I appreciate your comments and will check those spots out! :D