In regards to blenderartist.org forums

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

sausages

Post by sausages »

I don't think BA is any more hostile than any other forum I've ever frequented (The AWN forums were brutal back in the day), and have never had any problems with account creation/posting. I would say that it has a pretty decent track record considering that it has 46,705 members, but only a few bad experiences coming from new members.

mandoragon

Post by mandoragon »

If it would help at all, I volunteer to be a moderator on blenderartists in order to get new members on to the forum.

My user profile on there is: http://blenderartists.org/forum/member.php?u=17082

Would that help at all?

keffertjuh

Post by keffertjuh »

How about putting a timer on posting?

I've only seen this before on this sort of browser game gaia online
(dunno if it's allowed, but: http://www.gaiaonline.com/)

If you try to send 2 messages in a row it says error and tells you to wait :P
(error message homemade)

I think itd be much better and if there's a way to measure attempts per user you can filter out the spammers...
May the LOL be with you!!!!

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

keffertjuh wrote:How about putting a timer on posting?

I've only seen this before on this sort of browser game gaia online
(dunno if it's allowed, but: http://www.gaiaonline.com/)

If you try to send 2 messages in a row it says error and tells you to wait :P
(error message homemade)

I think itd be much better and if there's a way to measure attempts per user you can filter out the spammers...
There already is a time limit for posting on BA

/Nathan

keffertjuh

Post by keffertjuh »

oh my bad...haven't been there in a while...
So how can u spam if there's a timer? or is it set v low?

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

Spam is not only about the amount of messages per minute, but also the form of it: lots of links to cheap watches, manhood improvers and such is also considered spam.

/Nathan

keffertjuh

Post by keffertjuh »

Lolz 'manhood improvers' >.<

But ok I got it :P

Good luck getting blenderartists back on the 'place to be'-list...

lemonx

Post by lemonx »

I have used 3ds max in my university, but now found Blender and it seems very interesting.

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post, but I have registered to blenderartists.org forums and posted two messages (one about modeling a hole into spherical object with screenshots, and another about ideas for Durian project).

Neither post has appeared into the forums (it's been several days since my first post), and I haven't got any explanation for this from the moderators.

Is it that new members are not wanted to Blender artist community or have my posts been against the rules somehow?

keffertjuh

Post by keffertjuh »

They get processed and checked iso just put there...wasnt that the issue being talked about in this thread?

lemonx

Re: ...

Post by lemonx »

keffertjuh wrote:They get processed and checked iso just put there...wasnt that the issue being talked about in this thread?
Well it seems that was the issue talked about in this thread, that's why I posted in this thread.

Is it that now that this issue is already talked about, nothing will be done about it? How about removing the processing of messages, in somewhat similar fashion as this forum?

It's been several days since my post, so I guess Blender artist community is not for me then. It's ok and I can live with it, but I think there's something wrong with the artist community if that is the case.

keffertjuh

Post by keffertjuh »

It used to be awesome before...

anyways, you could search the big amount of forums already started there for answers on your questions, and if that didn't work out, you can post them here, simple enough on Blender.org ;)