Mac 10.5.5 Update Warning

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

tsgfilmwerks

Post by tsgfilmwerks »

Sigh... Never mind, I was wrong...
tsgfilmwerks wrote:While the previous bug still seems to be slowing standard builds down, this particular bug has not been occurring with 10.5.6. I would still ask that, if any version crashes, that those experiencing them utilize the automatic report system.

As for the 2.5 release of blender, I haven't had success at building it (or attempting to build it) to verify the change in performance...

But in the meantime, I CAN USE 2.45! (I'm really not being sarcastic; I couldn't use blender at all before this...)

micklang

After 10.5.6 update- the damn thing works again!

Post by micklang »

Yes, my macbook is now useful again. I must have sent at least 15 different emails, posts and bug reports to apple and not a single one was answered. I'm assuming that they do read some (or from someone else), but what was important, is that they fixed their shit.

I went through three different projects, rendered, mucked with vertices and everything appears to be working fine.

Being a father of three, I haven't had a real Christmas present in ages. It's nice to get something unexpected.

Happy Holidays!

--Mick

zuyuz

Still experiencing bug

Post by zuyuz »

I've updated to the newest version of leopard (10.5.7) and of blender(2.49), and tried 2.45 as well. Has Apple discontinued the GMAX3100? If so, maybe I can convince a genius that my motherboard is busted and have them replace it with a functional one while it's still under warrantee... :twisted:

tsgfilmwerks

Re: Still experiencing bug

Post by tsgfilmwerks »

Yep. I gave up hope on this being solved about a year ago. All I have left to do now is to close my eyes, bend over, and buy a nVidia MacBook.
zuyuz wrote:I've updated to the newest version of leopard (10.5.7) and of blender(2.49), and tried 2.45 as well. Has Apple discontinued the GMAX3100? If so, maybe I can convince a genius that my motherboard is busted and have them replace it with a functional one while it's still under warrantee... :twisted:

zuyuz

Solved!

Post by zuyuz »

Unfortunately, Apple did not have the decency to provide the upgraded driver through free updates, but buying Snow Leopard (not so bad at just $30) fixes the issue. Blender is now funning fast and flawlessly.

I do have to admit though, I might miss, just a little, the ubuntu partition I made to run blender. but OSX is still my favorite :D