Envizions EVO Console searching for open source developers.

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

DSamuels33

Envizions EVO Console searching for open source developers.

Post by DSamuels33 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:03 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Derrick Samuels the CEO and Founder of the Envizions Computer Entertainment Corp. My company is currently developing an open source Linux base console. We are in the final stages of development and expect to ship development software and units by the end of the month. These units are for open source developers, Linux programmers and earlier adopters. The amazing thing about EVO is that developers can use the Crystal Space engine or the Blender engine to develop games. Developers can create, upload, or share games in the Envizions network with friends or our mainstream users. Developers can distribute games for free or charge a fee. The most detail games we will certify for possible retail in major chains. Developers can port any existing game to EVO too. I wanted to reach out to the Crystal space community that may be interested. Please submit any questions or feedback to my email address. Thanks for the support.
Derrick Samuels

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:23 pm

Hi Derrick,

Sounds like great news! I guess you've seen our http://www.yofrankie.org project. Would be interesting to see it running on this system!

I didn't see your email address in your post... but you can contact me at ton at blender.org, I can help you finding the best way to get involved.

-Ton-

kursadk

Post by kursadk » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:17 pm

That sounds like good news. I do not own any consoles and planning not to have one. But a console that runs on open source could be on my radar (also depends on the price I guess)

DSamuels33

Envizions EVO Console searching for open source develope

Post by DSamuels33 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:44 pm

Hello Ton,

I think EVO can run your game and we would love to work with you! You can contact me at derrick@envizionsinc.com. Developing for EVO is low cost. It was designed to meet the needs of open source developers. Love to laern more about your projects!

Derrick
Derrick Samuels