Help needed!

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Aamir Raza

Help needed!

Post by Aamir Raza »

Hi,

I'm a complete beginner to Blender, I'm watching the tutorials now. Anyway, I'm doing this on a laptop and have no idea how to use the controls which require your numpad??

I tried using my normal number keys and the object would get deleted, so I figured I can't use these instead :?

Pls HELP!

Thx :)

Blend'n 4 jesus

Post by Blend'n 4 jesus »

You can either pull down the top menu and go to System and OpenGL and select Emulate NumPad, or if you have a Fn key on your laptop, you can use it to press the letter keys on your keyboard.

The regular number keys do not delete your object, they switch to a different layer. For more about layers, see the wiki page
-Becs

Aamir Raza

Post by Aamir Raza »

Blend'n 4 jesus wrote:You can either pull down the top menu and go to System and OpenGL and select Emulate NumPad, or if you have a Fn key on your laptop, you can use it to press the letter keys on your keyboard.

The regular number keys do not delete your object, they switch to a different layer. For more about layers, see the wiki page
Yeah, I figred out the layers part when I was watching the tutorial. Thanks for the help, I'm still confused since I couldn't use my 'end' key to move the object b/w layers..

jamin3d

Post by jamin3d »

Aamir Raza wrote:I'm still confused since I couldn't use my 'end' key to move the object b/w layers..
The M KEY is used to Move an object between layers. Where did you read that the End KEY does this?