bake render meshes VS render current frame

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

maris

bake render meshes VS render current frame

Post by maris »

Hello guys,

I can perfectly get the results i want in Render Current Frame window (F12), however when i try to Render -> Bake Render Meshes -> Full Render... i get much more poor results, basically , no lighting is intense here (you know the white spots from sotlight.. they simply do not appear when i bake), contrast is very poor.. everything seems so dim.. etc, in other words results baked on mesh is far from what i see in Render Current Frame window.

So the questions is quiet obvious: how can i bake the texture onto my object which would look like the same as i see it in Render Current Frame window?

What i need at the end are perfect textures (with lights, shadows etc) for my object, not the rendered scene.

Thanks.

teppic

Post by teppic »

Specular lighting (the light spots, as you call them) is dependent on the cameras position, so baking makes no sense for specular lighting. Diffuse lighting, on the other hand, is static as long as the model and light source is still.

If you would bake the specular lighting and try to move the camera around, it will look really weird.

maris

Post by maris »

teppic wrote:Specular lighting (the light spots, as you call them) is dependent on the cameras position, so baking makes no sense for specular lighting. Diffuse lighting, on the other hand, is static as long as the model and light source is still.

If you would bake the specular lighting and try to move the camera around, it will look really weird.
Completely agree with you, however i need the Specular lighting to be baked onto textures according to how the lamps are positioned and how the camera is looking.. of course, the result will be static, and that is what i need - static textures which would include all of the possible lights/shadows as it is in the moment of bake.

adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,

The work around I use for baking specular(open gl live view) is,

Vcol paint enabled in materials, then in vertexpaint window > Paint > set shaded vertex colours. Bake that as a texture and composite over a full render bake or other texture layer.

maris

Post by maris »

adrian wrote:Hi,

The work around I use for baking specular(open gl live view) is,

Vcol paint enabled in materials, then in vertexpaint window > Paint > set shaded vertex colours. Bake that as a texture and composite over a full render bake or other texture layer.

Would be great if you could provide a .blend file for this to play with.
Thanks.