Can I use C++,C# in blender?

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jin_kaihi

Can I use C++,C# in blender?

Post by jin_kaihi » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Can I use C++,C# in blender? because I have more knowledge C++,C# than python that why i want to use C++,C# than python.

snifi

Post by snifi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:48 am

The scripting interface is only for Python. If you are interested in digging in the source code, then you may have some usage for C++ too. The main source is coded in C, but as I know C++ is used in some parts of Game Engine. You can download the source code from Blender's homepage, and see if you can follow it. (Personally I do not.)

There are some interesting closely related projects coded in C++, if I remember right, MakeHuman is one such. This may be the environment most interesting for you if you want to keep using C++.

Blender supports many fileformats for importing and exporting models. Some of them can be utilized in your own projects, as I know, quite easily by C++. In this case you would use Blender for modelling your meshes and C++ for writing your own interface utilising your models.

Yet still, be open for new ideas. C++ is quite oldfashioned programming language, complex, not very readable. That's the main reason why people today prefer Python.

jin_kaihi

Post by jin_kaihi » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:29 am

uhm,I just want use C++ in blender game engine,so can i use C++ in blender game engine to make a game?

jitendra

Post by jitendra » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:06 pm

I guess not..you can only use python for any extra programming logic...maybe you have some bugaboo regarding python in yer mind :wink: ..its much more easier than C or C++..so just go thru its tutorial once and you'll love it for sure :)

---------------------------------------

jin_kaihi wrote:uhm,I just want use C++ in blender game engine,so can i use C++ in blender game engine to make a game?

psullie

Post by psullie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:17 pm

You could try Crystalspace http://www.crystalspace3d.org/

its an open source 3D game engine written in C++ with good Blender integration, YoFrankie was part coded with Crystalspace.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:02 pm

If you add core features to the Blender GE, you can use C++

for a game, you can create your own C/C++/C# librarys and use python as glue between it and blender.

LetterRip