Blender For Dummies . . .

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Epix Scene

Blender For Dummies . . .

Post by Epix Scene » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:49 am

Ok So I Just Started Using Blender And I Was On Blender For Dummies Home Page. When I Went To Download chapter one's file , I Realized i Dont Know Which Program To Open blender With. I Used:
-Quicktimeplayer
-Windows movie maker
-Adobe
-wordpad
-notepad

alot of programs. i have windows 7 home premium. plz help , how do i view the download?

stiv

Post by stiv » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:29 am

It is not clear exactly what you are trying to open. If it is a .pdf file, use a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat. If it is a .blend, which is Blender's native format, use Blender.

If you are talking about opening Blender itself, Blender is an application you run. You need to download it from blender.org and install it.

TheSnowman

Post by TheSnowman » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:53 pm

Blender for Dummies is actually a book you can pick up from any of the larger book stores. I think the files you are looking at, on that website, are files that would come with the supplied dvd in the book. My guess would be the files are actually to augment the book and not designed to be stand alone lessons.

In any case, I downloaded the chapter 1 that you asked about and you do need to have Blender installed to open it.