Ok, i have a question...

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

milleja46

Ok, i have a question...

Post by milleja46 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:43 pm

I am trying to make a game, but still in planning phases. I am thinking about 3d but don't know if java is compatible with blender. Is there a way to use blender to make a java game?
Never pay attention to the moment, pay attention to the future and live for that, the moment will never make you as happy as the future

TheSnowman

Re: Ok, i have a question...

Post by TheSnowman » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:34 pm

milleja46 wrote:I am trying to make a game, but still in planning phases. I am thinking about 3d but don't know if java is compatible with blender. Is there a way to use blender to make a java game?
Are you making this game for web based playing? What kind of quality of 3d are you looking for in a game? 2d with shadows to God of War 3...far too many variables left open.

stiv

Post by stiv » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Blender does not use Java. You can create assets for a Java game using Blender or you can run Blender from Java in the same way you would run any other program. That is about it.

keffertjuh

Post by keffertjuh » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Perhaps you could be more clear on what your intentions are...
May the LOL be with you!!!!

milleja46

Post by milleja46 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:57 am

what i want is to use 3d, i know blender, doesn't use java, i guess what i am asking, is, is it possible for a java module? as java is what the game is gonna be programmed in. i think it may be both web and client as i want to provide the option to users, but still working story kinks, and software stuff worked out, if you want to know more and help(i hope) please vist http://milleja46games.frih.org/forums
Never pay attention to the moment, pay attention to the future and live for that, the moment will never make you as happy as the future

milleja46

Post by milleja46 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Edit to what i want to do, i am going to use xna(which means i will now use c# for the sake of not losing my mind) for the actual game stuff. But i want to use blender to make all the models. This game is going to start out in 2d and once i master the 3d it will move to that. i hope someone can help me.

PerryP

Post by PerryP » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:17 am

milleja46 wrote:Edit to what i want to do, i am going to use xna(which means i will now use c# for the sake of not losing my mind) for the actual game stuff.
Glad you wrote Java off. Don't get me wrong, I love Java (and it has made me a lot of money doing backend server programming), but for anything heavy on user interface, it's simply not the right choice.

Pagos

Post by Pagos » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:41 am

I agree, don't write Java off completely, though. It still works for the small stuff. As you transition into heavier programming you will notice that it just can't cut it anymore. Not to mention the SEO issues you'll have with it if you are trying to get a site to rank.

milleja46

Post by milleja46 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:36 pm

I hear what you're saying but the reason i'm cutting it for now is because of the fact it is just not my style of language that i'd like to learn from, i'm used to the advanced .net languages. I just hope blender can export to xna, because i might try some art through blender in this game once i get it up and running in 2d then i'll switch to 3d

cbpredator786

Post by cbpredator786 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:31 pm

I thought blender dont use java.

rahulmast

Post by rahulmast » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:13 pm

PerryP wrote: Glad you wrote Java off. Don't get me wrong, I love Java (and it has made me a lot of money doing backend server programming), but for anything heavy on user interface, it's simply not the right choice.
I do agree with Java to be a bit heavy on user interface. But with new genre of fast computers with lots of RAM coming in with faster internet speed, it remain to be seen how it fares. But still, it remain far from friendly for SEO sites. And that's the main drawback.

bozonessinc

Post by bozonessinc » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:30 pm

What kind of action would be involved, so I can give you some tips :)

chrisbarry1313

Blender and Java

Post by chrisbarry1313 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:00 pm

cbpredator786 wrote:I thought blender dont use java.
That is correct. To my knowledge - Blender does not use Java.

mustrahool

Post by mustrahool » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:26 pm

debtclassroom wrote:i just found out some forum about blender java port. it goes something like this...

http://www.blendernation.com/blender-java-port/
Let's see how far it goes. It's just a start.

lferrara

Post by lferrara » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:47 pm

No matter some of the stuff you might hear, SE's don'y rank Java (SEO) so stay away from it if you can.