Where to find someone to help me?

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Brain21

Where to find someone to help me?

Post by Brain21 »

Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've been using Blender for a couple years on and off to see what can be done in here. I don't know it to well though. I was wondering where (site or forum) I could hire someone to do some simple animations for me. I didn't know what forum to post this in.

Thanks,
Denis.

Brain21

Post by Brain21 »

Is there some place I can find people to hire to make animations for me?

Monty

Post by Monty »

You could try posting your requirements on this forum, blenderartists.org and blendernation.com. Give as much detail as possible listing the amount you are offering, the expertise you require and the duration of the job.

There are also various freelancer websites if you are looking for a more professional outlet to get your animations done.

stemlir25

Post by stemlir25 »

I don't recommend Freelancers. It never turned as it should for me. Follow instructions from post above. :wink:

Monty

Post by Monty »

Yeah obviously there are pitfalls with using a freelancer, but if you use a professional site specifically for hiring freelancers then you can check out their profile, experience, previous customer comments etc. If they do stiff you then your at liberty to leave a negative comment which would no doubt damage their reputation and future job prospects... which they don't want.

I might argue that it is more risky posting a job on a forum and getting random people applying, because there you are solely relying on what they are telling you about themselves.

But whatever you do make sure you communicate exactly what you want. If you give them artistic license, and then tell them that the finished result is not what you want, then really you are the one who should take the bulk of the blame.

BruceWilk

Post by BruceWilk »

I had problems with Freelancers in the past so I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. But to be fair I agree if you’re not specific in what you want you might blame yourself for not getting it.

Brain21

Post by Brain21 »

Ok, I think I will post on those sites instead of using freelancers. The animations I''m looking for are pretty basic I think, but I can't seem to get them done in Blender cause I don't know it too well and don't have time to do so. The anims are only 320x95 pixels 16-bit. How much do you think I should charge for 8 of these effects like plasma, lightning, wheapon fire, blue or red fire, ect? Would $10 an animation do alright? or should I go for $20?

Me.