Runtime Error C++, Installation Problem 2.54

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

fardin

Runtime Error C++, Installation Problem 2.54

Post by fardin »

I'm very new in Blender.
I installed blender 2.54 on both my laptop (vista), and Desktop (xp) last night.
After installation it works fine on laptop but on desktop right when it wants to start it gives an error message runtime error.
My desktop is not connected to internet. I downloaded blender 2.54 and python 3.2 and copied and pasted the files on my desktop. Tried several times uninstall and install it gave the same error message.
Then I tried and installed Blender 2.49 on my desktop it had no problem.
The Error is:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\blender.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Any thought?
Mind is a terrible thing to waste, next to that is Time.

fardin

Post by fardin »

:shock:
In case if someone else has the same problem:
I reinstalled the Operating System (OS) on my desktop and after that Blender 2.54 had no problem being installed. In other words the problem was with my desktop not the 2.54 beta. :idea:

lilei9110

Post by lilei9110 »

Sometimes, you may not need to reinstall your OS. I also met the problem before. It seems that Blender doesn't support asian languages such as Chinese or Japanese. So, your install path of Blender should not contain any Chinese character or Japanese Kana/Kanji. Just, install Blender to C: or D: may not cause problem like this.

fardin

Post by fardin »

lilei9110 wrote:Sometimes, you may not need to reinstall your OS. I also met the problem before. It seems that Blender doesn't support asian languages such as Chinese or Japanese. So, your install path of Blender should not contain any Chinese character or Japanese Kana/Kanji. Just, install Blender to C: or D: may not cause problem like this.
You may be correct, I did have Farsi Fonts installed before reinstalling the OS. However Blender 2.49 was working fine the problem was with 2.54.

pitat450

Post by pitat450 »

lilei9110 wrote:Sometimes, you may not need to reinstall your OS. I also met the problem before. It seems that Blender doesn't support asian languages such as Chinese or Japanese. So, your install path of Blender should not contain any Chinese character or Japanese Kana/Kanji. Just, install Blender to C: or D: may not cause problem like this.
yes!! thanx it also saved me! I mean I head a local character in the path name and it was doing the problem!!

M. Lasater

Post by M. Lasater »

It's mean we can't run Blender with any asian languages or it only for Chinese/ Japanese languages? :?