Blender Conference 2003

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Goofster

Post by Goofster » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:30 pm

eskil: that would be very neat indeed! I always wanted to look at verse coding but unfortunately, I need some guidance :)

I hope you can make it

Roel

sten

Post by sten » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:24 pm

would indeed be great to attend for the Conference...will ask my Mr Wallet if it will be possible ;)

sten

Post by sten » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:45 pm

ztonzy wrote:would indeed be great to attend for the Conference...will ask my Mr Wallet if it will be possible ;)
okey I have checked some now...it feels as big black hole checking for the costs to go there and attend to the BF-Conf. 2003'

Since I am 34 years old, and not under 25 or even student, I have no discount what so ever for travels, and I also concluded that it doesn't matter if I go with train or by flight, the price stays the same...

3 days: 50 €
travel back&forth: 315 € (train or flight)
pocketmoney: 170 € (approxmatly)
sleep 3 nights: 20x3 = 60 €
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(fly down thursday night, able to attend from 09.00 in the morning,
don't even know if there is a flight from Copenhagen during morning to
Amsterdam, 3 nights sleep then thursday/friday/saturday)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all:

50 + 315 + 60 + 170 = 595 € (Euros) approx 600 € ??

feels as a big black hole...YAY!! need sponsorship here (but also a job *sighs* hard to find in media world)

so if there is anyone out there that can help me I would more than happy!

would be indeed great and fun to meet all you people and attend with you all together...

cheers! 8)

xype

Post by xype » Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:03 am

S68 wrote:Mmmm.. this time I must really find a way to come...

Stefano

If not more you could drive to Innsbruck and get a plane directly to Amsterdam from here :wink:

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:59 pm

Ztonzy; most obviously you should save on the trip itself... try to find a carpool or so?

Pocket money also seems high... during conference hours you dont have to spend on lunch and drinks. We even have beer in the fridge!

Next to de waag are a load of cheap & good (chinese) eating locations.

sten

Post by sten » Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:52 pm

ton wrote:Ztonzy; most obviously you should save on the trip itself... try to find a carpool or so?
indeed! I have been thinking about carpool as well, and I also found half the price airticket too :) problem is then, I have to go back very early sunday morning (07:50 CET), would be much nicer to go later, it is possible, but more costy...not very much, but some hundred euros...

ton wrote:Pocket money also seems high... during conference hours you dont have to spend on lunch and drinks. We even have beer in the fridge!
hmmm, interesting, beer...and of course, lunch in the price, goodie!

ton wrote:Next to de waag are a load of cheap & good (chinese) eating locations.
Great! love woked food :D !!

thanks for your time taking answer my post, would love to meet you Ton, the creator of Blender ;)

cheers :!:

sten

Post by sten » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:08 am

I have now posted about a carpool or a bus at Elysiun.com in News&Chat, for travelers from south Sweden, Copenhagen area, going to BF Conf. -03...I hope there wille be some responses!!

:D

Added edit:
-----------------------------------------

I have now Submitted the form for going to the Conferende, and hopefully I my economics will work for this travel/event!

So hold your thumbs now!

sten

Post by sten » Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:20 pm

Woohooo!!

flight is booked, bed is booked!

see you during Conference!!

will be awsome :D

cheers ;)

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:56 pm

Its been a couple weeks... Will there be more detailed information coming on what happened at the conference/art festival?