Black background when render picture

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Pepy

Black background when render picture

Post by Pepy »

Hi to all!
I wont to ask something. When I press F12 to render picture background (not render window) come black in second and come back again. Sometime background (that is window where is scene for render) stays black until I press end to remove render window.
So does somebody have similar problems
Geforce 2 MX
Win ME
256 MB Ram
And dont tell me download latest drivers from Nvidia- I have latest drivers.
P.S As I can remember only Blender 1.74 doesnot have this problem!

Jamesk

Post by Jamesk »

The only time I've ever seen that is when I render single frames with "do sequence". Is that what you're doing too, or something else?
Did you add any lights? :D

EDIT: Just found this: http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=m ... opic&t=190.
If you're using 2.25 it might be the same bug you've encountered...

Pepy

Post by Pepy »

Yes,the link you wrote describe mine problem.
So just hope that someone will fix it!

RiNiK

Post by RiNiK »

I have similar problem but my black window is the blender window. When I start rendering whit F12 and then put the main window down and get it back up the whole window is black and it wont go away until the render has finished... :?:

LethalSideParting

Post by LethalSideParting »

I have similar problem but my black window is the blender window. When I start rendering whit F12 and then put the main window down and get it back up the whole window is black and it wont go away until the render has finished...
Me too. whever I start a general render, the Blender interface goes black until the rendering is done, either for single frames or for sequences :cry:

LethalSideParting

Mats78

Post by Mats78 »

Meeetooo... My main Blender window goes all WHITE when I'm rendering and minimize/maximize it. It's a bi*ch when solving radiosity! I want to do other stuff as well while Blender is solving, it does take time =), but I can't see any results until I press ESC. Same thing happens in both Blender 2.23 and 2.25.

WinXP
NVidia GeForce2 MX 400
AMD Athlon XP

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton »

Rendering or calculating radiosity is not a new thread, so the entire program waits for it being finished. No interface drawing then.

Thats one of the features being discussed, starting a new thread for a rendering, so that you can nicely continue working.

Mats78

Post by Mats78 »

Ok I c now. Would be great to fix this too. Thanks, Ton, for your help and advice.

Mats

theeth

Post by theeth »

ton wrote:Thats one of the features being discussed, starting a new thread for a rendering, so that you can nicely continue working.
I have a little Python script that does just that. I posted it on Elysiun, but it seems to be down at the moment. I'll try posting the link later.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

theeth

Post by theeth »

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon