CryBlend - Blender > CryEngine 3!

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

yamahaalex37

CryBlend - Blender > CryEngine 3!

Post by yamahaalex37 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:53 pm

Hey guys, I would like to thank angjminer for developing this software which allows importing from Blender into (the now free) CryEngine 3 SDK.

Please let us know what you think, your thoughts on Blender working with CryEngine, and if you are interested in providing any help or support.

I would love to see this completed as an official addon!

http://justmakegames.com/index.php/news ... -interview

Bensch

Post by Bensch » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:15 am

Is that advertisement for your site or for the Addon ? ;)

However, very good Addon. That I searched, but currently I work with a other engine.

yamahaalex37

Post by yamahaalex37 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:23 am

Bensch wrote:Is that advertisement for your site or for the Addon ? ;)

However, very good Addon. That I searched, but currently I work with a other engine.
It's a link to the rather long written article include comment responses from the developer and so on. This is a Blender community, and it's a Blender add-on for a very powerful and now free engine. Yes it's my site. Is it wrong to share?

Sorry to sound defensive. What engine do you work with, out of curiosity? UDK, Unity, and Hero engine all look good to me at the moment.

stiv

Post by stiv » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:04 am

Yes it's my site. Is it wrong to share?
Nice article. It is Blender-related, so it is fine.

Some people are religiously against commercial software, but personally, I care more about open data - published formats that can be used to move data from one application to another. Compliments to Crytek for being open about their formats, even if their closed-source application only runs on certain platforms.