General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dittohead

Post by dittohead »

It does work quite well under wine.
dittohead

Desoto

Post by Desoto »

Well I had a similar problem but doing a "make clean" under Cygwin and doing another CVS update for both the lib/windows directory and the tuhopuu2 directory fixed it.

M@dcow

Post by M@dcow »

Please tell me that you're going to include the buttontypes from tuhopuu, I much prefer the "simple gradients" to the pop in your eye buttons in this version, which can be a nusance, especially when the background is dark....

Desoto

Post by Desoto »

I agree with m@dcow..I really liked the other button types. I would really appreciate it if that could be added.

NateTG

Post by NateTG »

overall, i like it!

my only complaint is that in someplaces two clicks are needed where one was before. for example: unless you know the hotkeys, you now have to make two clicks if you want to jump straight to the material buttons and you were previously editing the texture buttons. also, you used to be able to simply click on the minus sign in the material buttons, and since the dropdown menu put 'add new' in that place, you would get a new material. now, however, you have to actually move up to add new. MINOR MINOR gripe, i know... but it was handy before...

overall, gj though!

blendermax

Post by blendermax »

i found the screens on elysiun.com pretty amazing, but unfortunately i cannot run the windows build on my computer.... :( i get an illegal operation and that's it...any ideas what this could be? had the same problem with 2.28c, but not with any of the tuhopuu builds... :?

i have a python version that works with everything else...can't remember/can't be bothered finding out what version it is.

besides that, i have win98b, soundblaster 16 pci, riva TNT2 Ultra, 256 DDR, and other stuff that shouldnt influence the way blender works...

Thanks in advance for any help given!!

-Tom

jd-multi

Post by jd-multi »

Great, this blender update is really awesom. I really like the cool layout. :D It's great.

Blendermax: When I downloaded blender 2.28, it was all the time asking about to download Quicktime, afther installing it, blender didn't ask it anymore. Maybe your system is scrashing on that, so try to update quicktime. :P I don't know if it works, but trying don't hurt.

theeth

Post by theeth »

I've fixed Blendermax problem.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Fred_Pyo

Post by Fred_Pyo »

Truly awesome!

Ton and all of those who were involved in the development of this (including you broken for the windows build) this is exciting! Blender is under plastic surgery, and OH it's looking SOO sexy! keep it funky!

As for the new features that await us... :D

One side-note-question: How do I join the mailing list???

theeth

Post by theeth »

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

I've uploaded an updated Windows build (Oct 20) on the first page of this topic.

New stuff includes general UI tweaks, including panel alignment tweaks, mesh editmode undo, knife tool, and a few other tweaks, fixes and additions.

Detailed information on all changes is available in the CVS commit logs here:
http://www.blender.org/pipermail/bf-ble ... /date.html

At least undo and the knife tool should be ready for user testing (they've been ported from tuhopuu).

More updates to come as they happen! If anyone has builds for other platforms than windows, please let me know.

Cheers

kino

Post by kino »

Hi
sorry my english is really poor :(

linux glibc2.3.2 no ttf (i'm no able to compile ftgl :( )
http://kino3d.com/files/blender-glibc-2.3.2.zip oct 20

1) ther's a bug i think : extrude a plane with E, select all vertices with A and press E to extrude a 2th time , a copy of the plane is created and no extrusion, but if you select the vertices with LMB+shift this do not happen
discovered by pafuriaz on kino3d forum

this scene crash any linux blender2.29 build edit : when you press F12
http://kino3d.com/files/blob-crash.zip
i removed some double vertex and no more crash

is really a great work, i'm really sorry for my bud english :(
thanks

ciao
kino
kino3d.com italian site

blendermax

Post by blendermax »

theeth wrote:I've fixed Blendermax problem.

Martin
thanks again for your help, theeth!! :D

dgebel

Post by dgebel »

Arg. I hate single-level undo and single clipboards... anyway.

Carnivore, thanks - that's exactly what I was getting. Mine is slightly harder to read if anything.

Using W2K with that stupid Intel chip 82845G/GL that crashes Blender all the time. I want my Empties!

Others who commented on about my comments, good points. Hadn't even thought of some of them. Including that it takes more clicks, which was one argument AGAINST doing more drop-downs of course.

About the checkmarks - I vaguely recall that some applications or OSs use a BULLET for selection between choices (preferrably with a highly visible divider and/or some other visual grouping indicator like a box around the 3 choices?), and reserve the CHECKMARK for single menu toggles. Does that make sense to anybody?

dgebel

Post by dgebel »

Arg. I hate single-level undo and single clipboards... anyway.

Carnivore, thanks - that's exactly what I was getting. Mine is slightly harder to read if anything. The Oct20 build works great though!

Using W2K Dell with that stupid Intel chip 82845G/GL that crashes Blender all the time. I think there's a new driver, but as its not my machine I'm hesitant to install something like drivers.

Others who commented on about my comments, good points. Hadn't even thought of some of them. Including that it takes more clicks, which was one argument AGAINST doing more drop-downs of course.

About the checkmarks - I vaguely recall that some applications or OSs use a BULLET for selection between choices (preferrably with a highly visible divider and/or some other visual grouping indicator like a box around the 3 choices?), and reserve the CHECKMARK for single menu toggles. Does that make sense to anybody?