Loq Airou, Nil Salentinn, connector released as open source!

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

eskil

Loq Airou, Nil Salentinn, connector released as open source!

Post by eskil » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:06 pm

Well last year we got blender as open source, this year we wont have that, So Im trying to make it up a bit.

I have just released a new version of my modeling app Loq Airou and my color correction app Nil Salentinn as open source.

Both have been ported to the new version of verse. I have had limited time to test it but i hope they are ok. they are fairly large apps and i hope someone can find their way threw the code. or at least port it to your platform of choice.

Adding to this I have released a new version of connector that has been almost completely rewritten for the new version of verse.

This tool is essential if you are trying to write verse applications. It enables you to see what is going on, on the server an also makes it easy to test your app.

all this can be found on the verse site at: http://www.blender.org/modules/verse/

Have fun.

E

emack

Post by emack » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:19 am

Cool! A question:

After I downloaded it and double clicked connector_win32.exe, I received the following error:

Application failed to start because SDL.dll was not found. There is a SDL.lib in the distribution; am I supposed to compile it?

I'm not familiar with the new Verse, do I need to download it separately and start a Verse server?

Thanks,

Eliot

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse » Fri Oct 31, 2003 5:09 am

www.libsdl.org for the SDL dlls.

eskil

Post by eskil » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:12 am

Actually, try downloading it again, it was the wrong version.

Sorry

E