Manual payment :)

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Carnivore

Manual payment :)

Post by Carnivore »

I'm really sorry for crossposting, but it has been an incredibly slow day at Elysiun and if I am to stand any chance of getting a signed book, I have to get answers quick. Busy weekend :(

Okay, helphelphelp.
I've got one question:
Blender E-shop E-mail wrote:You choose to pay by check. Please be aware that checks cost about 10 USD to withdraw here in the Netherlands. The minimum amount of checks we can accept is 20 USD for that reason.
Does that mean that in addition to the 41.40€ I have to include a 10$ (~10€) extra fee? I'm already pretty broke this month :(

Any help appreciated...

*originally posted at Elysiun.com *edited twice
Last edited by Carnivore on Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blendix

Post by blendix »

Added note 2: people seem to be really excited about this personal message and signature... so how will we verify this "first 250"?
-- End of december, I just start with first order, check if its paid, sign, and so on.
-- So all early orders have plenty of time to do the payment
-- BTW: orders of 2 manuals or more get one signed anyway!
This is directly from the article on the front page. So don't worry, if you pay before the end of December, you will get a signed copy.

Carnivore

Post by Carnivore »

Ah, right, must have missed it... :D The second question still stands, though.

Helmuti_pdorf

Post by Helmuti_pdorf »

Hey, I have same problems: my order is now "waiting for Paypal payments" .
Nothing happens....

I think I can forget the signed copy... :(

but this is not really important! to me... :))

More important is the fact, that I get no mail from paypal!

And the 2. part of your question ( extra 10,- Dollar) I cannot answer....
regards Helmuti_pdorf

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse »

Yeah I'm having trouble with PayPal too, my dad was going to pay for the book with his credit card, but we had to use paypal, so he made an account, and nomatter how many times we click the paypal button in the email the shop sends you, paypal wants him to sign up for this extended thing, and so he did and now he needs this number that we have to wait to get from the credit bill...

Which sucks because I ordered early to get a signed copy :( I emailed the shop but I don't think they understand my questions.

Helmuti_pdorf

maynual Payment with paypal: ....

Post by Helmuti_pdorf »

I got some answer from Anja ( blender Shop) including this tip:

If you have set up this account, you can just use this email
address to pay to: ton@blender3d.com

( in my payment i was asked about goods or services, quick-cash and so on: I use Services and had no problems. )

Then it gets in Ton's inbox, he will then mark the order paid.
Please do not forget to include your order number with the
transfer.

Normaly it go from computer to computer with a special URLcode. So this
is the best way to do it now.
regards Helmuti_pdorf

RuinBird

Post by RuinBird »

So the PayPal payment emails are being sent out manually? Not auto responses from the shop?

danifou

order and payment receipt within 10 minutes

Post by danifou »

I used PayPal to pay for the book. After completing my order through the E-shop, I've receveid an e-mail from Paypal confirming my payment to Blender.org and 5 minutes later I've received confirmation from Blender E-shop that they got paid .:D
That was on Friday the 21 th of November around 15h00.

For those who are still waiting, hang in there... :wink:

Danifou

Helmuti_pdorf

I think teh server ( e-shop) was to busy..

Post by Helmuti_pdorf »

RuinBird wrote:So the PayPal payment emails are being sent out manually? Not auto responses from the shop?
Hi Ruinbird!

Of course, there is an automatic installed on the e-shop.

Anja wrote to me, the server was sincerly very busy in this moment, when i post my order. unfortunately she was not able to start this email again by hand...
Normally this emailing-system works very fast ( as in the past ).

But again: the manual send of money per peypal to the mail adresse ton@blender3d.com will work, if You put in your order number!
regards Helmuti_pdorf

ton
Site Admin

Re: Manual payment :)

Post by ton »

Carnivore wrote: Does that mean that in addition to the 41.40€ I have to include a 10$ (~10€) extra fee? I'm already pretty broke this month :(
If you don't add this to the check, our bank still charges it... so either you
pay the bank or we do!
Some people have advised me not to accept checks for that reason, but for many people it's the only way to pay.

Silent hint: just send the check, even without the extra 10 USD we'll accept it... but don't tell around I said that! :P

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse »

*sigh* my dad has had nothing but problems with paypal so unfortunatly we haven't been able to pay yet, which means I'm no longer one of the first 250 :(

Back when the e-shop accepted credit cards without paypal it was much easier...

Carnivore

Post by Carnivore »

ton wrote: If you don't add this to the check, our bank still charges it... so either you
pay the bank or we do!
Some people have advised me not to accept checks for that reason, but for many people it's the only way to pay.

Silent hint: just send the check, even without the extra 10 USD we'll accept it... but don't tell around I said that! :P
Yeah, I just got the e-mail with that information, thanks. I'll just send the check with the 10€ bonus then ;), I'd like to support the foundation and all. Anyway, today I'm a happy man with a big fat paycheck :D

Thanks!

ScOrPiO

PayPal! darn you

Post by ScOrPiO »

It looks I'll have to cancel mine. I'm not going to cough up another $10 = R150.00(the bank will charge me more for international transactions.).
Why the hell is South Africa never listed on the site?

Mary XMAs guys

sherman

Post by sherman »

ton wrote: Some people have advised me not to accept checks for that reason, but for many people it's the only way to pay.
Why not try Payzip (Payzip.com/Payzip.net)? They accept credit card
payment from all over the world unlike Paypal (when I tried paying
with a credit card). To test out the Payzip system, you can
check out my site's e-shop: www.Sherman3D.com

Best regards,
Sherman Chin
Sherman3D Sdn Bhd
www.Sherman3D.com

Carnivore

Post by Carnivore »

Right then, another question.

Because of some problems, I only managed to send out my check yesterday (11.dec.03) and I was wondering - they will probably receive the check monday morning or so (unless you mad developers and people work at weekends :P). My banks website said that cashing it in (internationally) would take around two to four weeks (because of cash transfers by mail or something).

So my question: do I have a chance of getting a "payment accepted" status before the signing date (31st dec?). I was No. 242 to order and it would really be a punch in the balls if I didn't :P