Post by ada89 »

Test render:
http://sbup.jyscomputers.com/ada89/ooh4.jpg

but it still not working with bummp right?? :D

thanks Ton

p_vertex_

Interesting results

Post by p_vertex_ »

I created a wine glass, with three color cubes behind it. For some reason, the yellow cube does not appear visible through the glass. The magenta cube is visible, however.

Eric

Post by Eric »

p_vertex_: that's because the only thing you see on the outside of the glass is the reflection. Turn it down! :)

p_vertex_

Post by p_vertex_ »

Eric wrote:p_vertex_: that's because the only thing you see on the outside of the glass is the reflection. Turn it down! :)
This is what I suspected at first, but I've played with the settings from every way to Sunday, and can't get this to work. Here's another image, where I rearranged it a bit, including the position of one of the spots. The Yellow cube is directly behind the glass, and ALL raytrace settings have been set to zero (include the alpha). As you can see, the outer shell of the glass is invisible, but the inner shell is quite opaque.

Mel_Q

Post by Mel_Q »

p_vertex_ wrote:
Eric wrote:p_vertex_: that's because the only thing you see on the outside of the glass is the reflection. Turn it down! :)
This is what I suspected at first, but I've played with the settings from every way to Sunday, and can't get this to work. Here's another image, where I rearranged it a bit, including the position of one of the spots. The Yellow cube is directly behind the glass, and ALL raytrace settings have been set to zero (include the alpha). As you can see, the outer shell of the glass is invisible, but the inner shell is quite opaque.
What is the 'ray depth' (both) set to?....
That's about all I can think of on the top of my head.

macouno

Post by macouno »

I tried to run an animated test with this version of blender and it didn't pop up a settings window when I selected avi codec as file format? No such problem with any other blender version on my system?

@ndy

Post by @ndy »

here's another raytracing test:

i hope that works as a motivation for you coders :)
TON, YOU ROCK!

btw a small sidenote: in the first tuhopuu1 release with the oren-nayar-blinn shading type it was possible to make the spec point very small, but later in the official release it was limited to a value of 255.

it would be great if you could set this limit a bit higher because blinn is just meant for those mindblowing small spec points ;)
[a lot of materials have small specularity, like glass... with bigger ones it just looks like... plastic]
at the moment i use the toon shading to get a smaller spec, but it's a bit messy.

.andy

Mats78

Post by Mats78 »

I agree with andy - small sharp reflections are needed =) Doing glass the way it is now just doesn't work.

Btw, andy, that's quite a nice picture. The marble pillars look a bit strange, but shows that raytracing is a nice addition. For that, I also, have to thank the coderteam.

cheers,
mats

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse »

Yeah the latest build I got from the 16th of dec this year (CVS) has international fonts completely missing, as well selecting a codec in win32 doesn't happen...

refracting is cool though!

viktorivar

Post by viktorivar »

glasstest

viktorivar

modron

Post by modron »

As long as we're showing off our goods,...I just stuck this bad boy up at CGTalk...

kencanvey

Post by kencanvey »

I like that, really funny :D

Hair today Gun tommorow, even :shock: :D

thornae

Post by thornae »

That's a close shave from a ray-zor wit...
Enough to make you curler up and dye.

UglyMike

Post by UglyMike »

Victorivar,

Your fish is absolutely sublime!! :shock:
It really has a 3D feel to it!
And the glass material must be just about the bast I've seen on Blender.
Nice pic 8)

viktorivar

Post by viktorivar »

Thanks for the kindly words UglyMike. It was quite a challenge, trying to use just bumpmaps for all the fine details.

A lots of UV maps, shadertesting and coffe later this glassfish was the result.

And a big thank to all people here, this community is a true energizer.

viktorivar