the new 2.32 or 2.31b (.../...)

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Joh@n

the new 2.32 or 2.31b (.../...)

Post by Joh@n » Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:05 pm

Are we gonna have the wings modeling system ?
Are we gonna have the nurbana way of 'modeling' nurbs ?
Are we gonna have the Yafray direct export ?

What are we gonna have and when please ?

an impatient blendie named joh@n_ :oops:

NateTG

Post by NateTG » Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:49 pm

i dont know when, but we've been getting a lot lately. raytraced shadows, reflection, refractions, bevelling...

be patient. be thankful 8)

Timothy

Post by Timothy » Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:04 pm

I wouldn't count on Wings modeling to make it any time soon,.. though you never know what a silyl coder can do within a few weeks.

Integrating Nurbana code,.. I would think that could take quite a while since the code probably is pretty complex,.. I know the author worked on Nurbana for many many hours, so the amount of code is probably pretty huge and Nurbs aren't simple at all!
Though it is really hard to say anything intelligent about it without having looked at the code.

Asfar as Yafray integration goes that seems to be more likely to make it in a Blender release fairly soon.

But in the meantime I'm sure you still have lots of Blender to explore!

Timothy

Joh@n

Post by Joh@n » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:53 pm

I wouldn't count on Wings modeling to make it any time soon,..
uh somebody said that it was going to be soon implemented ... I don't understand ... :cry:
Integrating Nurbana code,.. I would think that could take quite a while since the code probably is pretty complex,.. I know the author worked on Nurbana for many many hours, so the amount of code is probably pretty huge and Nurbs aren't simple at all!
Though it is really hard to say anything intelligent about it without having looked at the code.
well that's why I was expecting a developper answer ... but they seem busy working on RT at that time maybe ??? :cry:
anyway it'll be a great surprise for Christmas to have the nurbana code implemented no ???
But in the meantime I'm sure you still have lots of Blender to explore!
yes surely !!!
but this year have been so difficult for me that it'll be a great surprise to discover some of what i've talked about in my post

keep on blending !

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:38 pm

I HIGHLY doubt that nurbana code will be integrated by christmas. Don't give your hopes up.

Joh@n

Post by Joh@n » Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:52 pm

I HIGHLY doubt that nurbana code will be integrated by christmas. Don't give your hopes up.
Why ??? Where is the difficulty of copy/paste the code in blender ???

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:29 pm

Joh@n wrote:
You are kidding, right?

Joh@n

Post by Joh@n » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:51 pm

You are kidding, right?
nO I'm not !!! :!:

Is that so difficult ??? As far as i've see the nurbana soft is blender like no ??? Musn't be so difficult for them (saying that after seeing what they've done before)

Come on devs, u just got to make it please ... !!!

Carnivore

Post by Carnivore » Fri Dec 19, 2003 7:33 pm

Take a look at the code and you will never ask anything like that again.

Everything has to be integrated, variables, commands and whatnot.
Disclaimer: I only know veeeeery basic C++ and intermediate php. Don't hurt me...

LethalSideParting

Post by LethalSideParting » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:38 pm

Lol, sadly coding isn't anywhere near that simple!! If we copied and pasted directly, nothing would work. At all. If you were very lucky you'd get a version of Blender that ran anyway without the Nurbana NURBs functionality or a version of Nurbana without any of Blender's functionality. More likely, nothing would work at all - Blender wouldn't even compile / it would crash on startup.

In order to get the code from one into the other, both have to be changed an awful lot. For example, Blender's renderer at the moment will be expecting a very different way of representing NURBs - it needs to be 'retaught' to render the new type. Equally, Nurbana NURBs probably aren't expecting Blender's interface - they need to be changed so that they respond to Blender's button presses instead of waiting for user clicks from Nurbana :oops: .

Trust me, this aint gonna be fast. "When will it all be finished?" When it's ready, frankly :D . One thing's for sure - it'll take a lot longer than your regular copy-paste ;) .

LethalSideParting

Joh@n

Post by Joh@n » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:15 am

Lol, sadly coding isn't anywhere near that simple!! If we copied and pasted directly, nothing would work. At all. If you were very lucky you'd get a version of Blender that ran anyway without the Nurbana NURBs functionality or a version of Nurbana without any of Blender's functionality. More likely, nothing would work at all - Blender wouldn't even compile / it would crash on startup.

In order to get the code from one into the other, both have to be changed an awful lot. For example, Blender's renderer at the moment will be expecting a very different way of representing NURBs - it needs to be 'retaught' to render the new type. Equally, Nurbana NURBs probably aren't expecting Blender's interface - they need to be changed so that they respond to Blender's button presses instead of waiting for user clicks from Nurbana .

Trust me, this aint gonna be fast. "When will it all be finished?" When it's ready, frankly . One thing's for sure - it'll take a lot longer than your regular copy-paste .

LethalSideParting
thank you for your answer LethalSideParting ...

i didn't expect that coding was so dificult ;(

anyway i hope nurbana will be soon in the blender menus ...

come on devs ... work hard work well

keep on blending

excuse my bad english, but writting in those forums is a way of trying to improve it a little even if i sometimes can be boring for some :)