Blender/Yafray supported features summary

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

theeth

Post by theeth » Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:47 pm

Of course, giving the option to rendering directly without an XML file doesn't mean that the option to create one will disappear.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

jamesshuang

Post by jamesshuang » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:02 pm

Quick question about some of the current blender CVS builds, is caustics supported yet? I've tried to get some light refraction, but the caustics just aren't appearing, even though I see the caustics slider in the GI menu...

Also, can anyone post some good settings for making glass? Most of the glass that I've made come out too shiny, and tweaking either makes them disappear, or too dark...

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:08 pm

Theeth wrote:Of course, giving the option to rendering directly without an XML file doesn't mean that the option to create one will disappear.
How about adding File>>Export>>XML ? Or would it have to be called Export>>Yafray XML?

Dracarys

Post by Dracarys » Tue Jan 20, 2004 4:16 am

Why do I feel like I'm being ignored?

leon

Post by leon » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:00 am

cheesemonkey, what does the file:

Code: Select all

/home/ben/blender/YFExport/YBtest.tga
look like? If this is ok, then its a problem with Blender (to be expected every now and again since these are still testing builds), otherwise it's Yafray and you could try at the yafray forum.

EDIT: sorry, i just reread the original post :oops: and I'm wondering whether you have an old version of Yafray still lying around somewhere on your system -

Code: Select all

[Warning]: Unknown shader type blendershader
[Error]: undefined shader Material object ignored 
If you type yafray -v from the command prompt what does it say? If not 0.0.6, try deleting the old version.

Dracarys

Post by Dracarys » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:57 am

w00t! I had the wrong yafray version; I must have accidentaly downloaded an older one. Thanks!

lucky3

Post by lucky3 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:12 pm

Hi,

I'd like to know if HDRI backgrounds will be integrated in blender, because i often use that and i think it would be great :D !

lucas

zbgump

Post by zbgump » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:17 pm

eeshlo wrote:
steve_t wrote:On some of my files I get this error exporting and I have no clue what the hell is wrong.

can comeone tell me what this means?

Scene conversion done.
ERROR: Duplilist non_empty, but no scrobs
As far as I know this could only be caused by dupliverted lamps, which is corrected now, wait for a new build that includes the changes.
If this is not the case and there are no dupliverted lamps in your scene, could you send me an example blendfile which causes this error?
My current scene doesn't have dupliverted lamps, yet I get that error.

I could email you the blend if you wish.

eeshlo

Post by eeshlo » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:29 pm

zbgump wrote:

The lamp error was fixed some time ago.

Could the error you get have something to do with this:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/ind ... 9&atid=125
If so, that is solved too, but is not in cvs yet.

If not, yes, then please send me the blendfile.

Alfredo

zbgump

Post by zbgump » Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:38 pm

eeshlo wrote:
zbgump wrote:

The lamp error was fixed some time ago.

Could the error you get have something to do with this:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/ind ... 9&atid=125
If so, that is solved too, but is not in cvs yet.

If not, yes, then please send me the blendfile.

Alfredo
Indeed yes, that seems to relate to my problem.

Whenever I have more than one empty in my scene, I get the error.

I've compiled Blender a few times (using a tutorial for OS X, in these forums) and I would like do so when this gets fixed in CVS. Whats the best way to keep up on such changes? Or perhaps I should just keep an eye on this thread?

tia

eeshlo

Post by eeshlo » Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:18 pm

You could maybe check the 'testing builds' forum from time to time, after it is commited, somebody will probably make a new compiled version available with the changes. Or check the blender cvs commit mailing list if you want to see the exact changes for all blender code, in case you want to compile it yourself.

hannibar

Post by hannibar » Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:12 pm

When I've finished rendering, and then save ('F3') the image as .tga, photoshop can't read it. The file also looks very small compared to normal tga-sizes.
I can open it in a different program however, resave it as tga, adn then I can open it in photoshop. But this is a bit unhandy most of the times.

eeshlo

Post by eeshlo » Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:34 am

Well, that's weird, as far as I know I'm not doing anything non-standard in the code (I think...), I followed the format specifications when I coded it. Although the save code is really simple code I have used for ages. Didn't find any program that complained yet.
In any case, if possible, could you send me a raw (uncompressed) tga file saved with photoshop, so I can compare?

hannibar

Post by hannibar » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:48 pm

this is the 'corrupted' file. I can only read it through some standard microsoft app...
http://users.pandora.be/willem.packet1/ ... adable.tga

and this is the resaved version which can be opened in photoshop
http://users.pandora.be/willem.packet1/ ... toshop.tga

Auteuro

Post by Auteuro » Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:22 pm

hannibar wrote:this is the 'corrupted' file. I can only read it through some standard microsoft app...
http://users.pandora.be/willem.packet1/ ... adable.tga
Couldn't open this with GIMP either, but renaming with a .bmp extension allows it to open. I checked it out with a hex editor also--I can't remember what the BMP format headers look like, but the two files look like very different formats. Bottom line is, could this be a BMP file saved with a .tga extension?