Request for added function/ability

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Praedor

Request for added function/ability

Post by Praedor » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:25 pm

I've been playing around with Blender 2.66a for about 2 weeks and have repeatedly run into an issue that creates a huge time-suck when working with meshes. In this case I've imported a psk skeletal mesh from an Unreal 3 engine-based game and in tweaking and altering the skin mesh, particularly using "Beautify fill" on faces, I end up with a lot of gaps in the skin mesh where the vertices were not merged originally...or more likely were broken up during import of the psk originating file. To correct this I end up going vertex-by-vertex to seal/heal the gaps. This takes forever. What I wonder is if it would be possible to add a new operation, perhaps called "Zipper" or similar, where one would select a series of vertices or mesh edges that one wanted to merge together into a seamless meshwork and then hit the action button and all the selected edges or vertices would zip together (choice of first, last, center, etc) down the line. One could then heal or seal whole areas of mesh into a seamless whole rather than going along vertex-by-vertex. Is this possible or reasonable?