Does anybody Know a good Blender materials library

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

living legend

Does anybody Know a good Blender materials library

Post by living legend » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:08 am

Hey I want to find a good and reliable materials library for blender, I have heard of multiple methods to having a library. I have seen some people use a
Online materials libraries. I have even seen people make videos of them using a build in cycles materials libraries which I know nothing about I just found out about it. Here is a video of some one using a built in Cycles material library HTTPS://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlWD-3jZ4LM. I have even heard of people saving there favorite materials in folders and appending them, this is what I currently do. I have even tried this tool, called shaderstools which is a downloadable material library and I like this method better because that way your library would always be there and you don't have to be online to access it. The problem with shaderstools is that, I can't get it to show up on Blender 2.68. I don't think shaderstools works for the current version of blender. Also I think shaderstools is still in the beta form. If anybody knows a good way to go with this please let me know.