Blender book release date?

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

detlef

Blender book release date?

Post by detlef » Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:06 pm

Hi

Any news about the new blender book. When will it be released?

Cheers,

Detlef

Monkeyboi

Post by Monkeyboi » Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:24 pm

As far as I know it will be released shortly after Blender 2.32 is released, which should be later this week, or in the weekend (Although you never know..)

leinad13

Post by leinad13 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:51 pm

I have a few questions for anyone that knows anything about the manual. Will it cover the complete new features that are in 2.32 such as raytracing, displacement, loop cut etc..

And how is the manual structured, i have ordered and paid, im not going to cancel, i just would like to know a few more things about it. Will there be small little tutorials to show how things work, or ways of doing things, or will it simply be, here is bevel (just as an example), this is what it does, this is how it does it?
-------------
Over to you boffins

L!13

IngieBee

Post by IngieBee » Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:00 pm

As I understand it, this manual will be up to date as 2.32 and that's why it was being delayed. There were so many great features that they wanted to include in the manual, but haven't quite finished implementing in the program. So instead of publishing another book that would be obsolete so soon ( or lacking in explaining some wonderful new features), they decided to delay and get it all in there, the main features for the year ‘n all. Not that the old manuals are obsolete, but things do look different now, although the basic stuff still works mainly the same ;P But for people like me (and there probably are few like me) that dig into Blender every 3-4 months, and forget everything in between ;P it’s a big help to have a manual to refer to! I really look forward to this!!

hanspb

Post by hanspb » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:35 am

According to the email from Ton, the delay was because there was much more work with the design than expected, and then they just took the opportunity to update the text for 2.32 when they had the chance.

So I have to say, I have never been so happy about a delay before! :D

Hans Petter