MakeHuman GUI preview 1.7

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Manuel

MakeHuman GUI preview 1.7

Post by Manuel »

MakeHuman 1.7 GUI almost ready! This is a screenshot.

baxissimo

Shape By Example

Post by baxissimo »

I'm curious if you've seen Peter Pike Sloan's paper on "Shape By Example".
http://research.microsoft.com/~ppsloan/

Manuel

Post by Manuel »

No. I'm downloading it now. I've thinked some different solution to simulation of muscle bulge...now I take a look on this document too.

But...is microsoft...and there is a copyright advice...I not sure this can be used in a GPL software...

teachtech

Post by teachtech »

Manuel- This looks great! Thank you for making this available for the masses :D I downloaded 1.6 just last week and was playing around with it. I teach drafting and CAD at the high school level and we've been using Blender as part of our program for the last 2 years. My students are always trying to model people with lots of frustration. Some could do it if we had more time available. Your work looks like a possible solution. The only thing I'm concerned about is high school maturity of many students. The models are just too realistic ! :wink: I might just have to make them a few genderless models and make them available for them to use. I'm afraid to let them have widespread use of this in the lab. Thanks again!

levon

Post by levon »

WOW, very good work, one thing that has been bugging me for a while though, if you have subsurf on when you change a value, the model dissaperes, and you have to go into edit mode or turn sub surf off then back on to see it.
so if you could find if its possible to fix, it would save a bit of hand movement on my part :P (hey im lazy)

thanks for the great work :)

kencanvey

Post by kencanvey »

What about someone (not me don't know how :D ) creating a "Dressed" male/female base mesh just underware would do or t-shirt n shorts say?

Ken

jo

Post by jo »

can't wait for 1.7 , thanx manuel

jcoyle

Post by jcoyle »

Looks great!

I have been watching this project from its early stages, and I am very excited about it. I was very dissapointed to find out that the generated meshes could not be used with the decimator. Has this been changed yet?