New Community Gallery Owned By Hacker!

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

fls13

New Community Gallery Owned By Hacker!

Post by fls13 » Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:58 am

While I was at this site, it's owner, Mike D'Andrea, hacked into my computer and changed my passwords to this site and several others, including Renderosity, where he also changed my password and deleted several of my pictures. He messed with the wrong guy.

Helmuti_pdorf

Post by Helmuti_pdorf » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:30 am

question:
which internet address ?
which gallery ?

I do not really want to test this, but it would be greatfull to know which site do You mean...

PS: I cannot believe it ....

regards Helmuti
regards Helmuti_pdorf

fls13us

Post by fls13us » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:38 pm

http://centralsource.com/blenderart
That guy, who belongs here as "sysadm." I had to set up a new account because I wasn't able to get back in. Not sure if I screwed it up or he's still playing games. I spent the better part of the night fixing passwords he screwed up. I think if you'll check your logs, you'll see a password change to my fls13 account at approximately 12:30am Eastern US time that came from his ISP address, which is different from the one I have always logged into this site from and am currently logged in from. That should be your proof. I'll be assembling more evidence throughout the coming days and would be more than happy to supply it to you as it becomes available. Feel free to contact me privately, if you prefer. Members should certainly be warned of Mr. D'Andrea's childish and dangerous behavior.

Thanks,
Frank

Marty_D

Post by Marty_D » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:23 pm

Please. Do you really think SysAdm has nothing better to do with his time than to poke around in remote disconnected p.c.'s? And why would he want to risk his reputation with such a pointless endeavour. What could your machine possibly have worth looking into? And not just you, anyone. My computer, their computer. He's a family man with a penchant for things artistic. Doesn't really fit the profile, no?

Do you have a firewall? How old are you? Do you play around in toxic internet zones: for instance anything with pirated warez?

For the purpose of debate, please state your accusations in the form of a query next time. Perhaps you did get hacked and your passwords have been compromised, but, if so, the hacker was likely a much more clever person than you might suppose. You do of course have ports 137 and 138 closed? That's the first thing I'd check on my machine.

dreamsgate

Post by dreamsgate » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:29 pm

I really can't believe that, I have know SysAdm for better than 3 years and have been to his site often. He has always been very helpful and a loyal member of our community.

Most likely you're the victim of the latest set of virus's running around.

M@dcow

Post by M@dcow » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:05 pm

Ah, so this is what SysAdm gets for trying to help out the community eh? :roll:

I, like Dreamsgate, have know him for many years, he has always been on hand to help out in any way that he can, such as this community gallery that he is setting up right now.

If you have evidence of tampering, you should present it *first* before running your mouth off about a valuable community member :?

slikdigit

Post by slikdigit » Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:33 pm

I think someone/something else did it. I don't believe SysAdm would do that, and don't know of anyone else who has experienced what you say from visiting his site.
Check your system for open ports, viruses and/or trojan horses. Make sure you're behind a firewall, etc. etc.
Oh and see if someone in your area isn't playing a silly prank on you.

fls13us

Post by fls13us » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:14 pm

No, he did it. I know it, and he knows I know it. The timing of when it happened, approximately 1200-1230am US eastern time this morning, and what was affected, my login here and at Renderosity as well as my ISP were what was damaged confirms it to me.
Read this thread. He obviously didn't like the content of my pic, but did it warrant personal and software attacks? http://centralsource.com/blenderart/dis ... =-30&pos=1
The admins at this site could easily verify the veracity of my claims if they choose to.

slikdigit

Post by slikdigit » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:03 pm

This joke is not that funny.

Carnivore

Post by Carnivore » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:13 pm

You do see that you are wildly accusing a respected member of the community with no solid proof saying "I know he did it!" ?

fls13us

Post by fls13us » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:23 pm

You obviously didn't read the thread. For such a respected member of the community, he shows others very little respect, and I'm NOT joking.

harkyman

Post by harkyman » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:16 pm

Your accusations make no sense. If Sysadm did what you said, there would be no benefit to him - only downside. And if he did and is so malicious, why is your image still available in his gallery, with the full list of comments?

I read the "thread", and it doesn't seem that he was being intollerant. He merely said that he'd "rather see" something in a different vein. His observation that the image looked like much of the poser-generated drek on Renderosity was spot on. His comments about your age were in response to your over-the-top reaction to his criticism. Before I read them, I was wondering the same thing about your maturity level.

I myself am a Systems administrator (but not Sysadm!). If indeed someone did you said they did, there would be a clear trail of evidence, IP logs, etc. At the very least, your ISP would log password change transactions to your account. It would be easy to show. To me, you look sound a whiny kid who either can't take a critique or had a bad security coincidence. You need to show some real evidence of hacking before anyone here will take you seriously. Put up or shut up.

fls13us

Post by fls13us » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:37 pm

"I read the "thread", and it doesn't seem that he was being intollerant"
You must have overlooked these DIRECT quotes from sysadm.

Serioiusly, it looks like a 13 year old's "wet dream"...
does the 13 in fls13 stand for your age
Unbelievable... who is the idiot here?
Let's test it... you (...)ing dumb ass!

You must have missed those. And he indirectly admits what he did when he writes, "I would look into using different passwords for different websites."

And in fact, my user name and passwords to this site, Renderosity, D'Andrea's Blender site and my ISP, netzero, were all the same. Amazing how he knew that. Amazing how all those passwords were changed while that exchange was going on. What a coincidence! If you have any advice on how I might be better able to prove my accusation, I'd love to hear it.

I wrote this at the top of this thread and haven't gotten a response. "I think if you'll check your logs, you'll see a password change to my fls13 account at approximately 12:30am Eastern US time that came from his ISP address, which is different from the one I have always logged into this site from and am currently logged in from." I can add that you'll find it came from sysadm's computer.

So, founding member, you obviously don't care much about your own site's security, and it's good that members know that. You and sysadm are obviously cut from the same immature cloth, jumping to insults when people say or do things you don't like. I challenge the administrators of this site to put up or shut up. Prove I'm wrong. That should be easier for them to do than for me to prove I'm right to someone who doesn't want to believe the truth, since I don't have access to your logs. Until then, you shut up, punk!

@ndy

Post by @ndy » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:08 pm

congratulations! you obviously screwed up your own pc, caught a virus or got attacked by somebody else, SysAdm would never do that. end of statement.

you better think before you say something stupid [and abuse respective and long time members of the blender community]!

.andy

Caronte

Post by Caronte » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:30 pm

SysAdm have all my respects since years, and I'm very sure he don't waste time at hacking the passwords of nobody.
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com