Enquete: Blender professionals?

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ilac

Post by ilac »

I've been using Blender commercially for about 4 years now, mostly for architectural work and over the past year also for Tv commercials & stingers. I also used it for animation projects during my University studies - not commercial but not hobbyist either! :wink:

Regards,
Fabrizio

TorQ

Post by TorQ »

I am a video game artist at Activision. I am currently using Blender in production of an upcoming console title. Blender is my tool of choice for modeling and texturing the characters that I create. Once complete, I send the model to 3DStudio MAX for rigging, animation, and export. I believe Blender is fully capable of doing all of the character animation work that we do here but as it stands MAX is the main 3D software in our Studio.

TorQ

Douwuhhh

Post by Douwuhhh »

Hai,
I'm a teacher at a Dutch School for Multimedia. We mainly work with 3D Studio Max, but are developing a new course for game-design. For this we're planning to work with Blender (what else :o ). Free for us to use, and free for students to work with at home, instead of all the illegal versions they use for other softwarepackages. I also believe learning Blender is faster then learning Max, or others...

As a professional (2 years ago) I used Blender for a while. But that was more or less testing techniques, then really getting to a real production.

For the last 2 years I kinda 'forgot' about Blender, because of a new study(parttime in the evening hours) and a new job as a teacher which took a lot of spare time to get things started. But about a month ago a thought, hey, how about Blender, would they still exist( 2 years ago things looked a little bit messed up)? I really got back in the Blender-mood, still free, gamedesign, webplugin, new features (hey, reflections!!!). Now, I'm starting to spend too much time with it (is that possible?)

Hope this helps a bit? For further questions about this, I'm ready for it!

good luck

Douwuhhh

hoxolotl

still working on it

Post by hoxolotl »

Yup, we are still at it, but after we have scoured all the forums for questions about blender we have to make an exhaustive explanation about why we ask every question. Oh well, we'll get that done by thursday and talk about it with the professor.
Then hopefully we can start to program the automatic statistic programs to treat the data we'll recieve.
We're still waiting for an answer from the Blender Foundation about hosting the enquete. However when I mailed Ton I forgot to mention it will be translated to dutch, english and french.... oh well, hope he sees it here. :)

funzy

Post by funzy »

I use it professionally for game development, I bet most users
can`t say this still I also could use somje advise.-

Given the need for something fresh, would you play simple
levels a few times or few levels many times.

Of course the few levels would be more complex.

Pardon my bad english.

yours truly:

Funzy :shock: 8)

hoxolotl

Post by hoxolotl »

Funzy, please don' t hyjack my posts and start a new thread :)

(and go read something about game design, because it is a lot more complex, depending on the king of game you would make my answer would range from " yes" to "kill me , no... go have a look at www.gamasutra.com.)

celeriac

Post by celeriac »

I've used Blender (professionally) for commerical animation and the client's have always been delighted with the results. I've been asked what I used to do the work with before ("3DSMax ? Lightwave ?") and when I tell them they say "never heard of it". The first time I used Blender in fact was for a major international client and I bought a C-Key for it. Blender was the dog's bo11ocks then as it is now.

hoxolotl

http://hoxo.klieder.net/blender/

Post by hoxolotl »

Finally, the survey is ready.... :D
See the first post of this thread to see what is is about, and then, if you qualify go fill in the survey at
http://hoxo.klieder.net/blender/

It's in Dutch, French or English. Whichever you understand best.
We hope we nailed down most of the language errors :wink: , but if you spot one please notify me at the mail adres on the introduction page.
Thank you!

[edit] yes we are using the dreaded "mailto" form... so you'll have to set up your mail client. For the AOL users out there: get internet, not AOL next time. On a sidenote, if I have the time (coming two weeks I have exams) I'll try to convert the survey so this problem is resolved.[edit]

hoxolotl

how long does the survey take?

Post by hoxolotl »

I've just been told that some people would find it helpfull if I told them how long it takes to fill the survey...

Well it's just 19 questions, so about 5 minutes?

Thank you.