Blender-other application

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Post Reply
poutsa
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:49 pm
Location: Munich (Germany)

Blender-other application

Post by poutsa » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:29 am

I have the .......Version and .........,
and i have the new Blender 2.32 version, Yafray, and 2.25 Publisher.

- I use 95% BLENDER and i Use the rest 5% ....the other application...and so..... dont ask me Why!!?
I like the art, the GUI, the Style, the Development, the Boss Ton, the Coders, the International Community,the LOGO, the Image of Blender and i believe in Blenders Future.

Blender is a great 3D Application with Future...! on Top of 3d Applications in a few years.THE BEST...and now.

Ciao
Vassilios

jd-multi
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:29 pm

Post by jd-multi » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:46 pm

Well I can use 3Ds Max for free, (legal) on school, or maya and lightwave. I even can use Kazaa to download, but why should I do that, we have Blender 3D :D SO no need for me to use p2p applications to get a iligal copy and get arrested, if I can download a 2.5 mb big prof looking application which is free and opensourced. And offers a huge help on forums, manuals, and a customable interface. So for me NO!! Discreet, Lightwave, Maya, of Houdini, but just the application that rules, BLENDER!! 8)

ascotan
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 10:32 pm
Location: Maryland, U.S.

Post by ascotan » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:00 pm

I think alot of these companies should thank blender because it will probably reduce the pirating of their software once users/modelers realize they can do all that here for free.

ox
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:01 pm

Post by ox » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:09 pm

ascotan wrote:I think alot of these companies should thank blender because it will probably reduce the pirating of their software once users/modelers realize they can do all that here for free.
I think some commercial apps use the pirating of their software to their advantage. They thereby train some and lock them into using their app. But blender on the other hand is their worst nightmare - freedom for the artist. It means that they will have to maintain a very high standard of $ for bang

niket
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:36 pm

Post by niket » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:58 am

ox wrote:
ascotan wrote:I think alot of these companies should thank blender because it will probably reduce the pirating of their software once users/modelers realize they can do all that here for free.
I think some commercial apps use the pirating of their software to their advantage. They thereby train some and lock them into using their app. But blender on the other hand is their worst nightmare - freedom for the artist. It means that they will have to maintain a very high standard of $ for bang
Very True,
That piracy not good for Blender also..

leinad13
Posts: 192
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2002 5:35 pm

Post by leinad13 » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:16 am

Piracy not good for Blender, what people are distributing it for free someone. OMG NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Also yes i think it will reduce piracy of software which is huge in 3D software because they are such riduclously priced. I managed to acquire all of the big 3D apps no problem illegally except XSI which seems to have a much better security system.

Max, Lightwave and Maya, have no security whatsoever except serial numbers. They are bound to make there software like this because they know if an artist starts off using their pirated software and gets good enough to use it commercially he will have to then buy their product.
-------------
Over to you boffins

L!13

Post Reply