Eshop ordering problem!

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

enigmasoldier

Eshop ordering problem!

Post by enigmasoldier »

Hello to all in the blender community, my name is Jeff and I am a US Army soldier currently in Iraq. I just customized a hp laptop and spent about $2700 bucks on it for graphics / web design, coding, and computer security kinda stuff. I played with blender a bit a year ago and looked at the site recently to realize that it has undergone major enhancements. I downloaded a copy and have been playing with it. Here is my problem.

I am a soldier in Iraq with an APO AE address. Your eshop will NOT ship to an APO address. I ordered the book off of amazon but I read that ordering through the eshop will expedite the process of me getting the blender 2.3 book. How can I order to my address through the eshop? Ton? anyone?

sten

Post by sten »

Hey enigmasoldier and welcome to Blenderworld!

hmm, that's sound troublesome you not being able to order in your current status, I have addressed this issue to Ton so he can investigate this better, hopefully he can help you better.

Cheers! ;)

theeth

Post by theeth »

Hi Jeff
For problems with the e-shop, you should really contacting Ton directly either through the e-shop's address shop@blender3d.org or his personnal address ton@blender.org

That way you'll be sure he hear about your problem.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton »

Hi,

Sometimes people point me to the forums as well! :)

Jeff: I don't recognize such an address at all... probably it is valid for shipment from within the US. Can you find some hint for our dutch post how to treat it?

-Ton-

harkyman

Post by harkyman »

An APO is a US military address. US Postal service delivers APO mail to the military distributor, who then, well, distributes it.

If you are unable to find a shipping solution, enigmasoldier, I would be more than happy to do a drop ship for you. I'm an IT Manager at a printing company in Pittsburgh, PA. From time to time we do gratis printing for the vets, as well as collecting supplies/donations for you guys over there. If you want to ship it to us, we'll turn the thing around the same day and zap it over to you.

BTW, the guy I spend eight hours a day with at work here is AF Reserve, and is waiting to hear if he'll be going to Kirkuk or Kuwait.

If I can help someone who's over there protecting my butt, especially a Blendhead, I'd be honored.

enigmasoldier

Post by enigmasoldier »

Due to the fact that specific locations of specific soldiers are classified, you can't just send a package to me in Iraq. It is sent to the APO AE address (fully recognized by the US Postal Service) and it is handed to the military mail system who know where I am at and will send it directly to me. I buy all kinds of stuff off of Amazon and they ship it to my APO. I would assume that the dutch post office would know how to handle an APO address but you might want to check on that. If not, then I'll have to speak with harkyman about doing the whole dropship thing. I am actually near one of the palaces and have dozens and dozens of pictures of it. It is really amazing and I want to (attempt!) to model one of the smaller ones in blender and then export that to the web plugin so that I can show people a 3d walkthrough of the palace I work in. Wouldn't that be cool? Take it easy fellow blenderheads.

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton »

I've asked the Dutch post, and they don't recognize such addresses. For the Dutch soldiers in Iraq the army has opened a special PO Box, but I doubt this will work in your case.

I've checked your eshop account, can't we ship it to the address that's there? They then can forward it to the APO system. Alternatively, I can use harkymans offer.
Let's move this discussion to email now, works better!