OpenAL support.

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jd-multi

OpenAL support.

Post by jd-multi » Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:57 pm

I checked the last Blender CVS build with OpenAL and it seam I still can't render audio combinated with video from the sequencer. I saw this problem in all blender releases, and I was thinking if this problem could be fixed. There are soo many people that want a openAL render support combinated with video.

I hope someone would fix this, it's a little anoying me because in all build they say it has openAL support, but non of it renders video with audio. Anyways is someone working on it already? :?

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d » Sun Mar 07, 2004 5:02 pm

there is a mixdown button in the sound buttons which creates a .wav file you can combine with your anim in any reasonable video editor

why hasn't this been done?
no idea

jd-multi

Post by jd-multi » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:40 am

But will it ever be done? I mean it's still a feature that is missing in blender. If it would work, we could use blender as video/sounds editor instead of using each time something else to combine them. :?

alien-xmp

Post by alien-xmp » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:21 am

???

OpenAL is a sound output library - it plays sound & doesn't write anything at all.

It only for the game engine at this point.

dsobiera

Re: OpenAL support.

Post by dsobiera » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:31 pm

jd-multi wrote:I checked the last Blender CVS build with OpenAL and it seam I still can't render audio combinated with video from the sequencer.
I'm not positive on this but the instinctive blender tree might have this done already.

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=195583

ideasman

Post by ideasman » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:21 am

Mabe blender could use some opensource util to export video

I know dependencies are a pain but blender could include its default codecs/formats and have the option to output to mplayer/transcode? for a/v compositing and more funky codecs.

This could be intergrated in a similat way that yafry has been-
Using an external app but not depending on it.

Michel
Location: Somewhere below the rivers in Holland (but not Limburg)

Post by Michel » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:16 am

Hi,

just for clarification of where OpenAL is used. The sequencer uses SDL for audio output, this is the same in instinctive blender.
OpenAL is used in the GameEngine only.

With regards,
Michel
You can have one of two things: Progress or Progress Reports.