human modeling tutorial series

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

RisenLord

human modeling tutorial series

Post by RisenLord »

if you haven't gone through my tute-link in elysiun.com then here it is:
http://www.apieceofstring.com/kos

browse through the tutorials section to find them.

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse »

Nice, I'm going to go through them all soon! Thanks!

Douwuhhh

India Rocks!

Post by Douwuhhh »

Thanks man, really helpfull for us!!!
Maybe you could start your own academy in India!!!

Oso

Post by Oso »

Absolutely awe inspiring! You have some real talent!

sten

Post by sten »

hi RisenLord... (or kos...)

it is great that you make tutorials for users, but as you did, elysiun.com is the right place to post it, just for you to know in the future...since this is the developers forum...

but if you want the tutorial to be in the Blender documentation project, it would be better to post questions and links about it in the Documentation forum, to ask people in charge of the Documentation as Stefano Selleri (S68) or any other...

thanks for listening :)

RisenLord

Post by RisenLord »

actually many people may not quite visit elysiun that regularly, thus may miss the links. so i thought of posting the link here so that a larger no. of people can view it. if you find it absolutely 'off topic' then just move it.end of story.

sedgetone

Post by sedgetone »

Fantastic 10 out of 10! Now, are you going to cover rigging the figure?

Sedgetone

RisenLord

Post by RisenLord »

Fantastic 10 out of 10! Now, are you going to cover rigging the figure?
actually i partly wrote the rigging tute.but eventually i discovered that it will be almost 10 pages long if i precisely describe each and every step of rigging(like how to and how much to weight perticular vertices).i guess that is beyond the scope of any tutorial.infact rigging is most of the times a trial and error method.so i left it behind.

btw i think you can have some idea of the rigging from the .zip file!

JA-forreal

Post by JA-forreal »

I really enjoy the flow of your modeling technique. This is a great tutorial. But I would like to stress that this type of modeling pattern can complimented with a good understanding of how muscle and body joints move and respond to stretching and flexing. It is important to model a great looking 3d character but it is more important to model in function as well as design.

The edgeloop tutorials available on the web and in books provide methods of modeling in function for future character manipulation with Amature bone structures and RVK deformations for facial animation.

RisenLord I like your modeling method because it allows the modeler to easily interpret edgeloop functionality into it. You model everything in stages and combine the parts together later. Your method allows for the ultimate of flexibility and ease for learning for modifying a character models structure.

Thanks!

sten

Post by sten »

RisenLord wrote:actually many people may not quite visit elysiun that regularly, thus may miss the links. so i thought of posting the link here so that a larger no. of people can view it. if you find it absolutely 'off topic' then just move it.end of story.
I wont move it, I am trying just to be gentle and point out where it should be appropiate, and I am not meaning any harm here, I am very pleased with your efforts to help out the community, and that's why I am here too ;)

but my advice to put it into the Documentation project for Blender is a great idea, why not? we need all documentation we can get :)

cheers...

RisenLord

Post by RisenLord »

well...actually i was not sure if the tutes were good enough to be in the documentation project or not.but lately the feedback i got from this great community made me more confident about my tutes.right now i am more interested in putting the tutes in the documentation project if it is possible. :)

sten

Post by sten »

I can try to poke S68 about it :)