Manual Arrived today!

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

jo

Post by jo » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:18 pm

i got it this morning :D (germany)

great book!!! the full colored pages with the gallery are phenomenal.

ton, thanks for the personal message and signature!
Last edited by jo on Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:19 pm

Finland has also been blessed with two tutorials. Probably with more...

/jesterKing

cgosch

:-D

Post by cgosch » Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:53 pm

I got mine too :-D THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD JOB!

loos

Shwoing up at amazon?

Post by loos » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:20 pm

Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know when you'll be able to get it from Amazon? Amazon's website just says it's not here yet.

Thanks

Altenburger

Post by Altenburger » Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:57 pm

Got mine today and i spent the last few hours reading.... great work.

Somebody tried to find a topic by using the index? It seems to me that after generating the index pages 2 additional pages (the preface?) have been inserted: Most of the time you have to add 2 to the refered page number to find the information you're looking for.

Maybe an issue for the 2nd edition.

Andy

madcello

Iupiiii

Post by madcello » Fri Mar 26, 2004 4:25 pm

Got it today!! :D :D :D
Nice Blending to all!

Thank you Ton and all of the Team!!

Now i just wait for the new GameEngine book!! :D

Mats78

Post by Mats78 » Fri Mar 26, 2004 6:14 pm

Yup, Finland today. My thanks to everyone as well. Cheers one up even further on a friday evening.

Mats

sten

Re: Shwoing up at amazon?

Post by sten » Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:05 pm

loos wrote:Maybe I missed it, but does anyone know when you'll be able to get it from Amazon? Amazon's website just says it's not here yet.

Thanks
all manuals that has been shipped now, have all been shipped from Holland as a pre-release campaign that started in November last year, so next production for the printing might be sold via Amazon too...and what I remember what it says about the manual at Amazon is that isn't around 576 pages (or what it says...) but almost 800...so there you go...

cheers!

kirpre

Post by kirpre » Fri Mar 26, 2004 10:36 pm

Got one in the States (New York). Thanks everyone for all of the excellent work, it looks great!! :!: :!:

gabio

Post by gabio » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:13 am

kirpre wrote:Got one in the States (New York). Thanks everyone for all of the excellent work, it looks great!! :!: :!:
No! so fast! We'r already in america! man this mean i'll have it in less than 2 or 3 days mm....

poutsa

NICE BOOK....! Thats great!!

Post by poutsa » Sat Mar 27, 2004 12:30 am

Today, i pick it up, and i say thats a Great Book .Germany (Munich)

...some pages are not good printed but thats not a Problem i have Tons Signature and that is the BEST.!!
I must say...
The Cd Rom Blend files are not so good!!! some Stuff and Examples are old demos included and not to much new Demo files can be better....so..all.NEW EXAMPLES DEMOS.....in the new Blender book 2.4
The Explanation is Perfect and i must say my end Result "Perfect 94% up.."
Thanks to Ton and Selleri and all the Coders for this fast Development and this Fantastic Work speed!!!GREAT JOB!!!

Ciao

Vassilios

gabio

Post by gabio » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:25 am

but is someone know why the print is so white, is nostarch has a problem or he especialy ran out of ink on our books. if i were the one who ordered 1400 books and saw that print was so poor... i would say, sorry you'll have to reprint it again...

drew

Post by drew » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:13 am

kirpre wrote:Got one in the States (New York)
What? They're in the US already? Ooh, maybe mine will come tomorrow! I'm in New Jersey, so it's got to come tomorrow... :D Out of curiosity, by what method did you receive it? USPS or something else? I hope it's some carrier who delivers on Saturdays (tomorrow).

I've been waiting for this day (hmm, guess I'm still waiting) for 3 months. Three cheers to the Blender team for the book and for Blender itself!

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:03 pm

drew wrote:
kirpre wrote:Got one in the States (New York)
What? They're in the US already? Ooh, maybe mine will come tomorrow! I'm in New Jersey, so it's got to come tomorrow... :D Out of curiosity, by what method did you receive it? USPS or something else? I hope it's some carrier who delivers on Saturdays (tomorrow).

I've been waiting for this day (hmm, guess I'm still waiting) for 3 months. Three cheers to the Blender team for the book and for Blender itself!
\

Please post when you get it. I am in new england... And I have a feeling I will not be getting one for what ever reason. And will be calle=ing to find out why. I could be paranoid but I just have this feeling....

romgu

Post by romgu » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:22 pm

I got the book yesterday in Paris,

Plan and chapters structure are really clear, docs seems very complete, english is easy, design is nice, but... Print is awfull!
The screenshoots are almost unuderstandable because so fading to white.
What did happend? Who is your printer? why didnt' you refuse the batch Ton? We waited this book for three months for a better design, we could wait a little more... What Stephan Rasberger said? He must be so angry...

I hope next bacht will be printed somewhere else. I think either it will really be a problem for the futur of this book.