DVD ISO (Art Festival)

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kirpre

DVD ISO (Art Festival)

Post by kirpre »

How do you play the DVD ISO file of the Art Festival? Is it as simple as writing it to a DVD and sticking it in my DVD player or is there more to it?

SirDude

Post by SirDude »

If your lucky!!! ;)

The problem is not all players will play a burned dvd and their are different types of dvd formats that the writers write.

You should be able to play it on a computer with a DVD reader and a program like vlc no matter what, but its questionable
if you'll be able to play it on your tv's dvd player.

chimera

Post by chimera »

there are several possibilities to read it from iso directly. you actually can burn it to dvd, but if you just want to watch it on your computer why dont you use a real mediaplayer (like vlc > http://www.videolan.org/)?

anyway on linux you can either mount the iso (possible on windows too with 3rd party software) or you can play the iso with mplayer or vlc (works on windows too) like a normal dvd.

*edit*
this could be moved to "Blender Conference"

shish

Post by shish »

mplayer dvd:// -dvd-device Blender_DVD.iso

Also note that if the .iso is under 700MB you can burn it to CD with a CD writer, and it works as a regular DVD (on my PC at least, I don't know what a hardware DVD player would think of it)

theeth

Post by theeth »

shish wrote:Also note that if the .iso is under 700MB you can burn it to CD with a CD writer, and it works as a regular DVD (on my PC at least, I don't know what a hardware DVD player would think of it)
I did exactly that with the SIGGRAPH demo reel. Works well on my PC, but my TV DVD player didn't recognize it. This most likely depend on how the DVD player branches when detecting formats, so it could or could not work depending on the make/model.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon