PixelBox Renderman Academy

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

pixelbox

PixelBox Renderman Academy

Post by pixelbox »

The PixelBox RenderMan Academy has openeded the doors at 11/4/2004, at 5:05 pm.

PORTUGAL, Oporto, November 09, 2004 - The PixelBox RenderMan Academy is proud to announce to the 3D community that their doors are opened to the public. The PixelBox RenderMan Academy is a free community devoted to provide support for 3D artists that deal with the most advanced rendering engine, Renderman.

The PixelBox Renderman Academy consists of a RenderMan forum, that deals with all the questions concerning this application.It also features tutorials and downloads sections, where you can find the most valuable Renderman tools that you can find for free, such as OpenEXR for Renderman. The tutorials section will soon feature in-depth tutorials that covers all aspects related to Renderman.In the Shaders section you will find the latest news concerning the most advanced shaders.

Besides all, PixelBox Renderman Academy is a place to learn. We intend to provide the Renderman community with new resources, just like the Portuguese translation of the Renderman FAQ that we are doing, because this is a global community.

About the PixelBox RenderMan Academy

The PixelBox RenderMan Academy was founded by Bruno A. F. Patatas in Oporto, Portugal with one single purpose: " Provide support to Renderman users from all over the World and increase the popularity of Renderman "
For more information on PixelBox Renderman Academy please write to pixelbox@spymac.com

Follow the following link
http://www.rendermanacademy.tk

birras

Post by birras »

hi pixelbox...
I dont know if you´re aware of this, but there is allready a renderman academy at
www.rendermanacademy.com
I dont know, but I cant see why not join this team instead of having 2 places paralell doing or aiming to do exactly the same thing...

heck..the renderman interface is the most complex 3D environment out there and it takes TIME...a lot of time! a hard nut to crack

pixelbox

Post by pixelbox »

Hello there birras.
Yes, I am aware of the existence of the other Academy.
The reason to start this new Academy is because I intend to provide a very different tipe of learning that the one practicised at other Academy.
If you compare the two Academy's you will notice the difference.
PixelBox Renderman Academy is a website with a more community feeling. Our in-site resources are a lot more powerfull than the ones from the other academy.
Yes, I know that RenderMan is complex, but as soon as you get on it will be a esay ride :D
Right now, I am working in my own Renderman compliant renderer Muse, that can be acessed at http://rmuse.sourceforge.net

rednelb

Post by rednelb »

hi, btw why another gpl renderman compliant renderer? no offense, just curious...

pixelbox

Post by pixelbox »

Hi rednelb.
It is no offense of course.
Muse is going to settle appart from projects like Aqsis. We are working right now at the core system of Muse. One of the most powerfull features will be the advanced raytracing calculation that Muse will handle.
Concerning why, well... people also ask me why my Academy.
My aim besides everything is to strenght the RenderMan community. Muse is being developed at my animation studio ( Digital Beauties Animation Studios ), and we count with an amazing programmer from France that will bring to Muse some killer features.
The fact that I decided to go Open Source with Muse is only because I want to open the colaboration in Muse to every good programmer that enter in touch with me. I think that Blender support and bug tracking is a wonderfull example to go Open Source, don't you think :wink: ?