instinctive-blender 2 released (New Game engine soundsystem)

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

theeth

Post by theeth »

Yup, hash and xsort only work on vertice order, not faces order.

There's a sort function for faces, but I don't remember the hotkey.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

Caronte

Post by Caronte »

theeth wrote:Yup, hash and xsort only work on vertice order, not faces order.

Martin
:arrow: CTRL+F (Object mode)

bertram

Post by bertram »

Caronte wrote:
theeth wrote:Yup, hash and xsort only work on vertice order, not faces order.

Martin
:arrow: CTRL+F (Object mode)
Ahhh, thanks a lot.
So hashing/shuffling doesn't work for faces?
Is there a possibility to access the face index via python?

Renderwoman

Post by Renderwoman »

hey Intrr!

Pretty cool release!i've tested it.
Anyway, could you put LayerManager vertically and decrease the length? it's easier than the current way.
i've seen in another thread, a float with LayerManager on 3Dview, how d'you invoke it?

well, i go back to Blender!

cheers

intrr

Post by intrr »

Thanks Renderwoman.

The screenshot you've seen is from the old Layermanager, which got lost in a Disk crash. I did not convert the MKEY menu yet to reflect Layer names again. I will do that when I have time.

About the vertical Layout: I never use a vertical buttonswindow, sorry, so it's no priority for me.

Renderwoman

Post by Renderwoman »

About the vertical Layout: I never use a vertical buttonswindow, sorry, so it's no priority for me.
No problem, finally we put up with it pretty quickly, anyway in the future it'd be cool to have choice, i don't say that for you, i think they will integrate it in the official branch.

Well, Thank you

EDIT1:Where is the pink ball aka the object pivot point? there's no toggle to enable it rather than annihilate it totally?

EDIT2: oh yeah, let's know if you take in account our comment lol, i know IBlender is a personal flavour of Blender.

+

intrr

Post by intrr »

Renderwoman: It can be enabled in the View properties header
(Enable the view3d menu, View->View Properties, Toggle "Centroids")

intrr

Post by intrr »

In the meanwhile, on popular request, a new feature:

Object Grouping.

http://blender.instinctive.de/downloads ... groups.txt

Example screenshot:

http://pub.instinctive.de/tables.png

This screenshot shows a table as a group of 5 objects. This group has then been ALT-D'd, which results in the second table. Then, both groups have been grouped again to form the "supergroup".

Thorough testing revealed no problems. As soon as I'm sure it's stable, a new release is ahead.

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

intrr wrote:In the meanwhile, on popular request, a new feature:

Object Grouping.

http://blender.instinctive.de/downloads ... groups.txt

Example screenshot:

http://pub.instinctive.de/tables.png

This screenshot shows a table as a group of 5 objects. This group has then been ALT-D'd, which results in the second table. Then, both groups have been grouped again to form the "supergroup".

Thorough testing revealed no problems. As soon as I'm sure it's stable, a new release is ahead.
Aw I miss that old feature

intrr

Post by intrr »

Old? It has never existed, it's totally new... It's not the same as the old grouping in iblender1... This is completely animatable and stable :)

Renderwoman

Post by Renderwoman »

Intrr you are the man!!!
Group, Layer manager,ton's Outliner, well finally we have tools for better organisation!

Perfect about centroid toggle

i enjoy

EDIT: As you are the author of the layer manager, may i suggest to you one thing?
Well, can you change the drawmode for "protected" layer?
e.g: object from protected layer are in wireframe mode with a light colour (grey)
Or make a patch if you don't like this but you're nice :),
i should think you can write this quickly, if you want obviously.

thank in advance

intrr

Post by intrr »

Renderwoman: Thanks for the positive comments;

About the wireframe thing: Yes, that would be entirely possible, though I am not sure if it's that useful. For example, if you move the walls of your house on a locked layer, they will then appear as wireframe, and will effectively be invisible. You can rather turn off the layer completely then instead of locking it ;-)

Renderwoman

Post by Renderwoman »

For example, if you move the walls of your house on a locked layer, they will then appear as wireframe, and will effectively be invisible. You can rather turn off the layer completely then instead of locking it
Not necessarly, for exemple if you want to move object around rerference (e.g: background)
or just for those who want to keep an "unselectable" reference, a kind of template.
Anyway, you can choose the drawmode, or just change color for protected objects.
Just find a good way to see what is protected and what's not.

thank you

macouno

Post by macouno »

intrr thanks man... I love the DOF (though am kinda miffed that I now "need" 4 sepparate blender builds to get all the functions I want).

Found a little "bug" and don't know yet whether it's instincive only... puters busy rendering now, can't test till it's done.

When I now render an anim and set it to save as a series of bitmaps (BMP) with auto extentions it doesn't save with the extentions, only the filename. It works fine with PNG which is fine by me as well. Just thought I'd let you know.

intrr

Post by intrr »

macouno: Thanks for using and testing. Well, I consider BMP an utterly useless file format and never use it myself, so I can't comment on it - but it's probably a non-instinctive-related bug then, because I didn't touch the BMP code.