New instinctive-blender build is now available.
Download in the usual place:
For now, only source and linux tarballs. If anyone can build again for the other platforms (IRIX, OSX, Windows), this would be greatly appreciated.
Relevant excerpt from the CHANGELOG:
+ Added a new scene setting "Use Camera" and "Use View", which determines what
is being rendered when pressing F12 or RENDER. In "Use View" mode, the current
3d view will be rendered instead of the camera, unless it is a camera view.
Holding CTRL while pressing F12 or RENDER will also render the current 3d view
even if set to "Use Camera".
ANIM still always renders the camera.
* Added a warning that network rendering does not work with Focus Lag when trying
to render with Render Daemon and Focus Lag
* 3D View (Potatoe mode) and Game-Engine lighting are now compatible and give same results
* Network rendering now works with external data (images, fonts) without the need
to manually pack the file before launching the render
* Potentially fixed compilation with INTERNATIONAL=true, although this is not officially
+ Added theme colors for the Layer Manager: Layer Empty, Layer with objects, Layer with
* Network render stats now update correctly without moving the mouse
* Cosmetic change: Put the DOF toggle in the scene buttons somewhere else so it doesn't
"fight" with the Gamma slider from Unified Renderer
* Object names are now always drawn in front of filled faces (to be always visible)
+ Object grouping: Any number of objects can be grouped to create a single manipulatable
(animatable too) object.
Pressing CTRL-G will assign the currently selected objects to a new group and create
a group object for them. Pressing CTRL-G with only group objects selected will launch
a menu with 2 options: Create a new group (groups can be grouped, too!) or dissolve
the currently selected groups.
See docs/ for further information.
+ Added CAPSLOCKKEY as an additional means of toggling the current window between
* ALT-A now by default animates ALL of the following area types: View3D, IPO, Buts, Seq, Sound.
Use SHIFT-ALT-A to animate only the current space.
+ Greatly improved editing of text objects in "Flush" mode.
- Lines will not flush until you terminate them by pressing Enter. They will behave
like "Left"-aligned until terminated. This way, you get a much more predictable
and useful editing experience
- You can now introduce hard line breaks inside "Flush" text objects. At any point
in the line, press CTRL-Enter instead of just Enter, and the line will break
hard without flushing.
- NOTE: Text objects are now compatible again to pre-2.26, but *not* compatible with
anything between 2.26 and the last iblender2 build. This is because incompatible
centering code has been introduced in official Blender 2.26 (without any
compatibility code), which has been reverted to the pre-2.26 code in this
* Improved network rendering, thanks to extensive testing by Marc.
- When the network renderer can't read lastframe, it will retry 5 times until it
considers the job to be cancelled. And more extensive error checking when reading
it. Hopefully this gets rid of the "Render job starts over at frame 1" problem.
- All files and dirs in the renderd dir are now created with 666/777 permissions
on all non-windows systems, which means no worries about correct UID/GID mapping.
* Added a few undo pushes for Layer Manager and Grouping