Blender 2.25 is flickering all over the place....

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

djorourke

Blender 2.25 is flickering all over the place....

Post by djorourke »

Hello Everybody,

I just installed the new 2.25 version and I am having some trouble. When I start the program, the main interface comes up fine, but as soon as I start moving my mouse around all the different interface components start flashing on and off and then disappear. I am really at a loss to what could be causing it. My system is a PIII 450MHz, 3dfx Voodoo 3000D, 384Megs Ram, Win 98. I was thinking that it was my video driver but I have the latest version and I tried changing some of the settings like resolution and color depth. Nothing seemed to work. I do have an usb optical mouse on my system. I am thinking that this might be the culprit but I am not sure.

Anybody else having this problem???

Thanks.

dj

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse »

I know for a fact it is your video card. For sure. Voodoos are...icky.

Anyhow, there is a fix someone who didn't feel like getting rid of his voodoo came up with.

Oh lucky you, I went hunting and found it for you. Click here for the guide to getting your voodoo working in Blender.

Hope that works.

djorourke

Post by djorourke »

IoN_PuLse,

Thanks a lot for the link. I appreciate it.
Gonna check it out right now...

dj

enriq766

Post by enriq766 »

I have two systems, one running voodoo and the other is a Nvidia. Even with the voodoo fix it will still flicker and you cant read the menus or text. I have only seen this when I flip from Photoshop or Video Editor back to blender. If I stay in the same window it seems to be fine. Voodoo fix is good for design but when you want to play a game you should run it with out the .bat file fix. The .bat file is just a switch that turns the open gl off I think. I olny have seen this with this new version of blender. All the older ver. work fine. Voodoo and Blender dont get along too well but if you have to use it use the .bat file fix.
Here is how my .bat file is set up.

ren c:\windows\system\3dfxogl.dll 3dfxogl.dllblender

E:\Blender\publisher\Blender-publisher-2.25-windows\blenderpublisher.exe

pause

ren c:\windows\system\3dfxogl.dllblender 3dfxogl.dll

IoN_PuLse

Post by IoN_PuLse »

Yes it disables the Voodoo's OpenGL driver, because 3dfx did not engineer a proper OpenGL driver for their cards.