aqsis 1.0

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

rednelb

aqsis 1.0

Post by rednelb »

hi,
just wanted to let you know that it just went live.
Aqsis is a high quality, photorealistic, 3D rendering solution. It complies with the Renderman® interface standard defined by Pixar.

Aqsis comprises a command line rendering tool, a tool for compiling shaders in the RSL language, a tool for preparing textures for optimal use, and various developer libraries to enable integration with third party tools.

Aqsis is licensed under the GPL license, with some parts under the LGPL.

aoe2bug

Post by aoe2bug »

lazy people like links :) http://www.aqsis.com/

mjordan

Post by mjordan »

Some months ago I saw some sort of support for aqsis in tuhopuu 2...
Where is it now?
Regards,
Renato Perini
-
You can't live with women, you can't live without women.
Fuzzy logic example.

pgregory

Post by pgregory »

mjordan wrote:Some months ago I saw some sort of support for aqsis in tuhopuu 2...
Where is it now?
The work in the Tuhopuu2 branch stopped when it became clear that the Tuhopuu2 branch was going to be killed off. Since the Tuhopuu3 branch has restarted, none of the people involved have had the time to resurrect the work.

I have, however, been in contact with Ton, and he is keen to reorganise the support for external renderers in the main BF tree. As and when myself and others involved find ourselves with more free time, this would be the right way forward.

From a personal point of view, I'd like to see the Python API beefed up enough to be able to support this sort of thing, it makes more sense writing such a renderer support plugin in Python, especially with the CGKit around.

Cheers

PaulG

mjordan

Post by mjordan »

pgregory thank you for your answer!
I'm happy to listen that aqsis support is not died :wink:
Regards,
Renato Perini
-
You can't live with women, you can't live without women.
Fuzzy logic example.