joeri

Post by joeri »

I did, it has poor animation tools :P

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

eh /? It has no animation tools ,, it is a super charged modeling app

mjordan

Post by mjordan »

Money_YaY! wrote:eh /? It has no animation tools ,, it is a super charged modeling app
Money_YaY it's a joke. A way of saying Modo has not animation tools.
I agree with you that Modo is a great application. I think many things could be copied from it (currently some people say that Modo has copied something from Blender, still I don't understand what) ;-)
But Blender is not only a modeling app, so much of the work goes in other areas, sometimes.
Regards,
Renato Perini
-
You can't live with women, you can't live without women.
Fuzzy logic example.

mjordan

Post by mjordan »

BTW, what about implementing some cool features from ZBrush 2 for organic modeling?
Modo is a great modeling app, ZBrush 2 is the ONLY organic modeler around. And it has very innovative features (starting from the interface, very smart IMHO).
Regards,
Renato Perini
-
You can't live with women, you can't live without women.
Fuzzy logic example.

bmud

Post by bmud »

*nod* I would have to agree a slight bit. The replayable sessions as tutorials is pretty snazzy. But macros is something that's been requested before -- one of the only edges I think modo has over Blender other than left/right to progress through edge loops.

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! »

mjordan wrote:BTW, what about implementing some cool features from ZBrush 2 for organic modeling?
Modo is a great modeling app, ZBrush 2 is the ONLY organic modeler around. And it has very innovative features (starting from the interface, very smart IMHO).
Ugh Zbrush 2's interface is awful for tablets but Blenders is no gem either. Infact no one has a good tablet interface except Alias sketchbook app :(
I really wish programers would learn about tablets and make a gui for them. Tablets are so much faster than mice

bfvietnam

Post by bfvietnam »

Money_YaY! wrote:
mjordan wrote:BTW, what about implementing some cool features from ZBrush 2 for organic modeling?
Ugh Zbrush 2's interface is awful for tablets but Blenders is no gem either. Infact no one has a good tablet interface except Alias sketchbook app :(
I really wish programers would learn about tablets and make a gui for them. Tablets are so much faster than mice
I have a pad, but hardly use it.. I had used it in blender.. In blender, if you setup the buttons right you can practically color an entire object without interacting witht he mouse or keyboard much.. I've used, however a mouse to turn objects and the pad to mark features of an object and leave myself notes in the texture buffer.. Like which side is up, what color to paint something (say in GIMP).. GIMP has poor poor pad support though..

I guess alias is good for sketch, I haven't used it.. But then again such packages tend to cost thousands, especially if Alias sells them. A decade ago Alias would also try to convince you to purchase an SGI for about 9000 dollars, and would justify the expenditure with student loans, and promisses that you would get enough work to pay of the debt.