GCC 4.0.0 Internal Compiler Error

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mjordan

GCC 4.0.0 Internal Compiler Error

Post by mjordan » Wed May 04, 2005 3:00 pm

Hi all.
Just compiling actual CVS tree with some optimizations (scons + Linux + gcc 4.0.0):

There are the used parameters:

Code: Select all

release_flags = ['-march=athlon-xp', '-O3', '-pipe', '-fomit-frame-pointer', '-ffast-math', '-mfpmath=sse,387', '-msse', '-mmmx', '-m3dnow', '-Wno-unused-parameter']

Code: Select all

extra_flags = ['-pipe', '-funsigned-char']
cxxflags = ['-O3', '-fvisibility=hidden', '-Wno-unused-parameter']
The build process goes smooth, until it reached the editipo.c file in $(MAINTREE)/source/blender/src and I receive the following GCC crash:
gcc -pipe -funsigned-char -march=athlon-xp -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -mfpmath=sse,387 -msse -mmmx -m3dnow -Wno-unused-parameter -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DGAMEBLENDER=1 -DUSE_SUMO_SOLID -DNDEBUG -DINTERNATIONAL -DFTGL_STATIC_LIBRARY -DNAN_BUILDINFO -Iintern/guardedalloc -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/blenlib -Isource/blender/blenlib -Isource/blender/blenlib -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/makesdna -Isource/blender/makesdna -Isource/blender/makesdna -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/blenkernel -Isource/blender/blenkernel -Isource/blender/blenkernel -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/include -Isource/blender/include -Isource/blender/include -Iintern/bmfont -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/imbuf -Isource/blender/imbuf -Isource/blender/imbuf -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/render/extern/include -Isource/blender/render/extern/include -Isource/blender/render/extern/include -Iintern/bsp/extern -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/renderconverter -Isource/blender/renderconverter -Isource/blender/renderconverter -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/radiosity/extern/include -Isource/blender/radiosity/extern/include -Isource/blender/radiosity/extern/include -Iintern/decimation/extern -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/blenloader -Isource/blender/blenloader -Isource/blender/blenloader -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/python -Isource/blender/python -Isource/blender/python -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/kernel/gen_system -Isource/kernel/gen_system -Isource/kernel/gen_system -Iintern/SoundSystem -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/readstreamglue -Isource/blender/readstreamglue -Isource/blender/readstreamglue -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/img -Isource/blender/img -Isource/blender/img -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/quicktime -Isource/blender/quicktime -Isource/blender/quicktime -Iintern/ghost -Iintern/opennl/extern -I/usr/include/python2.3 -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/ftfont -Isource/blender/ftfont -Isource/blender/ftfont -c -o /home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/src/editipo.o source/blender/src/editipo.c
source/blender/src/editipo.c: In function 'movekey_ipo':
source/blender/src/editipo.c:4395: internal compiler error: in fold_convert, at fold-const.c:1922
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
scons: *** [/home/mjordan/Blender/build/linux2/source/blender/src/editipo.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.
Don't know how to do a full bug report. If someone can help me it will be much appreciated.
Thank you.
Regards,
Renato Perini
-
You can't live with women, you can't live without women.
Fuzzy logic example.

stiv

Post by stiv » Wed May 04, 2005 3:33 pm

This is a gcc problem. You should talk to them about it.

You might also try losing the -O3 flag and using -O2 instead. May it will work with less optimization.

Michel
Location: Somewhere below the rivers in Holland (but not Limburg)

Post by Michel » Wed May 04, 2005 3:35 pm

Hi,

The problem is in GCC, not in Blender. If you want to submit a bug there, you should ask this question on their site. The url for instructions in located in the error message you posted.

With regards,
Michel
You can have one of two things: Progress or Progress Reports.

mjordan

Post by mjordan » Wed May 04, 2005 4:03 pm

I know it's a GCC bug. My problem was HOW to generate a correct preprocessed source file.
But I solved the problem myself.
This is the full bug report to GCC developers:
http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=21379
Regards,
Renato Perini
-
You can't live with women, you can't live without women.
Fuzzy logic example.