General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bfvietnam

Post by bfvietnam » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:02 am

It seems sometimes that features get added to blender that really
don't add value to blender but just make it tougher to work with..
The new alignment axis are one of those.. Being use to the old way
doing a drag click, in this version of blender, ti snap alignment tends to jump from y axis to x axis, without much control over which is used.. I think the visible axis stuff doesn't really add much.. I would hope that when features get added to blender, features that don't make sense are removed, like this one.. Or at least, made capable of being toggled off..

theeth

Post by theeth » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:29 am

Try holding down MMB, this makes a dashed line pops up helping you choose an axis.

It's probably just a matter of you not understanding how it works.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

cwguy

Post by cwguy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:28 pm

bfvietam wrote: I think the visible axis stuff doesn't really add much.. I would hope that when features get added to blender, features that don't make sense are removed, like this one.. Or at least, made capable of being toggled off..
If you're talking about the 3d transform widgets there is clearly a button to toggle it off... its the button next to the "Move object centers only" one, on the panel under the 3d window. You can also just hit CTRL+Space->Enable/Disable.

Perhaps theeth was right, you just need to do a little research for yourself first.

Happy Blending,
cwguy

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:26 pm

I'm not sure that's what you are looking for but unlike in previous versions MMB gives you now the option to pick an axis which I find personally kind of tedious. I guess there are people that use it though. You can get the old functionality back though by hitting R twice when rotating (without MMB).