General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Goofster

Feature Ideas

Post by Goofster »

I promise I'll only do this once! :)

my ideas, tell me what you think of them:

1) view/render selector for Dupliverts
just like the new subsurf feature, being able to turn dupliverts OFF for the viewport and ON for the render

2) Negative constraints:
this would make envmapping a whole of a lot easier. san an objects at Z(10), I want to be able to constraint another object to Z(-10)

that's it. that wasn't too much right? :)

Roel

kAinStein

Re: Feature Ideas

Post by kAinStein »

Goofster wrote:I promise I'll only do this once! :)

my ideas, tell me what you think of them:

1) view/render selector for Dupliverts
just like the new subsurf feature, being able to turn dupliverts OFF for the viewport and ON for the render
That would be a useful feature. Would make things faster and less confusing somtimes. I would appreciate that one.
2) Negative constraints:
this would make envmapping a whole of a lot easier. san an objects at Z(10), I want to be able to constraint another object to Z(-10)
Didn't get this...
that's it. that wasn't too much right? :)

Roel
Actually not... :D

Skelet

Post by Skelet »

reflection and refreaction!!!
You'r right, for example to render objects with raytracing I need to use
other software, for example a bryce or rhino... It's hard when you must render a lot of scenes and objects. I think this feauture must be added to
blender as soon as posible. Or maybe some one know's where to get a plug-in?
The Skelet

S68

Re: Feature Ideas

Post by S68 »

Goofster wrote:1) view/render selector for Dupliverts
Great idea! even better IMHO, a three state button: 'OFF/BOX/ON'
the OFF switches off
the ON switches on at the same level of view (wireframe, shaded) than all other stuff, while BOX swiches dups on but they are rendered as boundboxes regardless of how the rest of the scene is shown.
Goofster wrote: 2) Negative constraints:
Cool!

Stefano

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton »

Hey Goof! Check the paper from Reeven McKay on the character animation system. it has a generic Constraint system included, which as already partially implemented for the Armatures.

You can extend that to general Object related constraints as well, including parenting and tracking.