Blender Publisher 2.25

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

RiNiK

Blender Publisher 2.25

Post by RiNiK »

:!: Windows 2k

I have strange problem whit my Blender. When I install Blender and start it it's working fine. But when I try to start it next time the program crashes. I have tried it many times but I have to allways install Blender again. License file is every time allready installed.

:!: Mac OS X 10.2.2

When I start Blender it works just fine but when I render the scene for the first time the bottom toolbar freezes. After the first render all the buttons are freezed and no hope for working in that Blender. I have to start new Blender. (same problem when I use Mac OS X 10.1.5)

So does anyone here have the same problems?

kobyl

Post by kobyl »

May be a driver/card problem. I never manage to have my ATI RAge 128 work on win2k while my GeForce4 TI4200 work quite fine.
Hope this helps.

petri

Post by petri »

On the same issue, blender publisher 2.25, I would like to ask a question.
What does "Rasterizer improvements: 1. reflective textures" on the Upgrade News "Blender Publisher release 2.25. FEBRUARY 25 2002" mean ?
How has it changed? Is it easier now to get reflections?

flim

License restriction

Post by flim »

What are the restrictions of using the current INDIVIDUAL LICENSE KEY FILE?
Can I sell a game making with Blender?

flim

Post by flim »

No one care about the license? :roll: :?:

I just wonder should I spend my time on Blender for game creatoin since I have trueSpace 6, Milkshape, Blitz3D, etc. But I like Blender all-in-one design, anyone can advise is it legal to distribute product made with Blender?

OTO

Post by OTO »

Hello flim

I guess that you must rerad the documentation to get precise informations!
Anyway, here's my idea!
If you have Blender Publisher 2.25 binaries i guess that you can't use it
for commercial use cause the physics engine is propietary
If you have compiled yourself the new Blender 2.25 sources they're completely
open source and iyou can do what you want...i guess
Bye

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

OTO wrote:Hello flim
I don't think that's true..

from the Blender 2.25 EULA:

4.2 You may reproduce and distribute media products, which contain a Viewer, through electronic software download only: (a) if anybody can download it without being charged for or having restricted access to it (non commercial purposes); (b) in case you own an Unlimited License.

BTW, the 'viewer' that they talk of is the Blender files (whether it's the 3d plugin or a self-contained executable, etc.). One has always been able to use still images and animations created with Blender for commercial work, as it's the artist that owns copyright to these. It's only when one had been redistributing Blender code (3d plugin, self-contained EXE etc.) that any legal issues have come into focus.

flim

Post by flim »

I guess that you must rerad the documentation to get precise informations!
Anyway, here's my idea!
If you have compiled yourself the new Blender 2.25 sources they're completely
open source and iyou can do what you want...i guess
Bye
Is that mean the open source Blender 2.25 does not contain any physics engine? That's really bad news.

flim

Post by flim »

broken wrote:
I don't think that's true..

from the Blender 2.25 EULA:

4.2 You may reproduce and distribute media products, which contain a Viewer, through electronic software download only: (a) if anybody can download it without being charged for or having restricted access to it (non commercial purposes); (b) in case you own an Unlimited License.

BTW, the 'viewer' that they talk of is the Blender files (whether it's the 3d plugin or a self-contained executable, etc.). One has always been able to use still images and animations created with Blender for commercial work, as it's the artist that owns copyright to these. It's only when one had been redistributing Blender code (3d plugin, self-contained EXE etc.) that any legal issues have come into focus.
From Blender3d.com, there is no Unlimited license offer anymore, that mean ghe game engine is not possible for create shareware/commercial game. Am I correct?

I think blender.org should clarify that because the license really scare me.

Ender

Re: Blender Publisher 2.25

Post by Ender »

RiNiK wrote::!: Mac OS X 10.2.2

When I start Blender it works just fine but when I render the scene for the first time the bottom toolbar freezes. After the first render all the buttons are freezed and no hope for working in that Blender. I have to start new Blender. (same problem when I use Mac OS X 10.1.5)

So does anyone here have the same problems?
I’ve got the same problem here on 10.1.5. My solution? Don’t close the render window.:roll: