Christmas present! color corrector Nil salentinn

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

eskil

Christmas present! color corrector Nil salentinn

Post by eskil » Mon Dec 23, 2002 10:49 pm

Merry Christmas every one!

You may have noticed that I have not been very active the last few weeks, no I haven't been sleeping, I have been working on a little surprise app: Nil salentinn, Its a HDRI color corrector software so head on over to http://quelsolaar.com and start playing with it! Then mail me and tell me what you think of it.

Have a great holiday every one!

E

(screens coming ASAP)

eskil

Post by eskil » Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:01 am

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! » Tue Dec 24, 2002 4:13 am

Do not get mad at meeeeee
But do you still actively develop in OSX .

I supported ya when ya was playing with Loq Airou...

^v^

eskil

Post by eskil » Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:49 am

Money_YaY!:

Yes and No.

I do, but my there has been something wrong with my Ti G4 Power book. they fixed it ,but the problem came back. I called apple and they are sending me a brand new computer! (its almost twice as fast, 10Gigs more hard drive, higher screen resolution) So I am really happy! As soon as I get it back i hope i can start porting again.

E

macke

Still with the wacky interfaces!

Post by macke » Tue Dec 24, 2002 12:47 pm

Jag kommer ihåg när du visade mig din verse browser före natpe 2001 (eller om det var 2000?), helt crazy interface redan då!

Inte för att jag inte diggar interfacen, men de är inte alltid helt lätta att förstå sig på ;o)

Ha det gött Eskil, god jul på dig!

PS. Jobbar du och Emil fortfarande på Verse?

For all the english speaking people: Learn swedish ;oP
Really though, nothing of importance was said in this post...

LethalSideParting

Post by LethalSideParting » Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:00 pm

For the english speaking people: Learn Swedish
Lol! Nei, jeg foretrekker Norsk - det er mye bedre! ;)

Eskil: Er du svensk? Jeg trodde at du er engelsk... :shock:

Right, that's enough showing off by me: Very cool stuff Eskil, very cool stuff indeed! (/me takes his hat off to Eskil) Just don't foget to enjoy Christmas a little bit too, though!

Merry Christmas all / God Jul alle!

LethalSideParting

wavk

Post by wavk » Tue Dec 24, 2002 5:49 pm

Every piece of software I've seen from you is a piece of art!

eskil

Post by eskil » Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:03 pm

macke:

Hej, No I work alone on verse, but people are starting to take an interest...

LethalSideParting:

Thank you very much! no in swedish but i lived in Norway for a short period a few years ago. Im working on the Christmas thingy, I got a Game Cube so i will stay jolly so some time to come.

Game cube is the ultimate thing to make you feel like a kid again (in a good way), its not like PS2, or X-box: big, black and cool (well at least the ps2 is...) the game cube is blue, small, it has a handle, has ultra cute DVDs. and the games are form the age 3 and up and are about removing graffiti. I love my PS2, but still, in some way there is something about Nintendo that makes me feel really good that sony just cant produce.

wavk

thank you very much! I hope to have a new version of my art work out very soon.

BTW, did any one get the hang of the "zones" do the work? are they any good?

E god jul och gott nytt år!

basse

huh

Post by basse » Wed Dec 25, 2002 4:25 pm

looking at the name of the software, and the screenshots, this is again a program I understand nothing of.. :) as somebody say, they look like art.. can you really use them for something?

.b

wavk

Post by wavk » Wed Dec 25, 2002 5:27 pm

Hi Eskil,

Can't stop playing with the deformers, but how do I load up an image?!

eskil

Post by eskil » Thu Dec 26, 2002 7:34 pm

I just released a new version that should be a lot more stabile and have a lot more toys in it. some real cool new selectors and deforms to play with.

basse:

Yes that's the idea at the moment the app cant output any thing but it will.

Wavk:

You are going to love the new release, try replacing the .png files. by the way: can any one send me any images (with lots of colors) that i can include in my zip file, images that you have the copy right for and can allow me to use as example graphics. obviously you will get credit on my web page and in the read_me.

E

basse

Post by basse » Sat Dec 28, 2002 11:55 am

ah.. is there going to be linux version?

.b

eskil

Post by eskil » Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:38 pm

Well as you can read on the site , If any one is interested in using this tool commercially and need help porting it, and integrating it to any pipe line I will be able to help them.

So if any studio or facility gets and interest in it and are willing to pay to get it the way they want it. I will help and in that case they will most likely want to have a Linux port.

During the holidays no one is a available at any of the places i have talked too so I will have to wait and see if there is any interest in it.

Again I don't have a Linux machine and since i hope to be able to get some money from nil salentinn (so that i can work on Blender) i cant open source it.

E

wavk

Post by wavk » Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:11 pm

arg stupid windows, I typed a whole reply, then iexplore messes up, gotta love it, well here's a retype:

Hi Eskil,

I gave it a try, the png's weren't included in the package without verse, so it was somewhat hard to figure out:) I like the sampler, which you can move over the image and it selects the corresponding color in the color cube, very cool! It gets a bit messy though. Oh and what are the weird lines in the lower left corner? Have they something to do with the itterations? Hope you get money soon!

This is a photograph I took that I used to test Nil, maybe you like it, and I can send you a high res version if you like:

www.funnyfarm.tv/thelab/images/tex_1.png

eskil

Post by eskil » Sat Dec 28, 2002 8:53 pm

Hi

Wavk:

when you have multiple Selectors/Correctors at once and view them in both 3D and 2D it can become a bit messy I know, I will try to do something about it soon.

The little thing in the bottom left corner, is a list of all deformers, selects and passes. I planned to have the interface there but i changed my mind so it will be in the pop-up instead. it will be in the next version. then you will be able to have multiple passes and sort passes. You can also sort the order of the selects and deformers.

I will use the image in the next release. 256*256 is fine. do you have name/e-mail/web you want me to refer it to? it will be good for beginners to color correct.

new release out soon.

E