Super LSCM for modo only though, video inside

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Money_YaY!

Super LSCM for modo only though, video inside

Post by Money_YaY! » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:34 pm

http://www.luxology.com/modo/201/video/ ... nwrap.aspx

at first it looks like a basic lscm that we already have, but then keep watching, live interaction with the unwrap to pick the unwrap that you like ! AAAAArrrg a crowd of blender texture artists soba and beg for this ....

:D

wavk

Post by wavk » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:23 am

To pick the unwrap that you like? I don't think so, all I think it does is show the unwrapping in progress with a cool animation, useless, time consuming, but cool nonetheless.

Money_YaY!

Post by Money_YaY! » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:05 pm

wavk wrote:To pick the unwrap that you like? I don't think so, all I think it does is show the unwrapping in progress with a cool animation, useless, time consuming, but cool nonetheless.
Err did you even watch the video ?
See this page for more info
http://www.luxology.com/modo/201/
"Click and drag in the uv view until you are happy with the result."

wavk

Post by wavk » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:23 pm

Err did you even watch the video ?
See this page for more info
http://www.luxology.com/modo/201/
"Click and drag in the uv view until you are happy with the result."
Well you certainly cannot see that he's clicking and dragging in that video! And of course I did watch it, several times.

But nonetheless, it still seems utterly useless to me. LSCM means something like best mapping with as least distortion possible. Why would you ever want to stop in between to have 'half best mapping with half the distortion' ? No, if you ask me, this is just eye candy and not the least bit useful.

Pablosbrain

Post by Pablosbrain » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:37 pm

In my opinion more mapping options are always welcome.
I could definitly see a use for this.

The main problem that I see with the current implementation of LSCM is that "IT" decides what the best mapping solution is. I would rather have it give me the option, similar to the video, to decide what the best mapping solution is. LSCM seems to have a mind of its own some times.

I'd love to see a projection mapping option similar to Wings3Ds projection mapping as well.

The more available solutions there are the better in my opinion. The cool thing about 3D animation/modelling and such is that there is almost always more than one way to accomplish something. I think thats the way it should always be.

guitargeek

Post by guitargeek » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:30 pm

I think that there was work on an interactive LCSM tool a while back. Not sure what happened to it