Very strange, Virus?

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Bogey

Very strange, Virus?

Post by Bogey » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:09 am

I have started to get very strange problems with Blender. As of this eavning, I am unable to open some blends, or even append objects, that were working recently, without Blender crahing. Also each time I restart windows, anther blender icon has reverted to an exe. icon. I have checked the affected drive with
AVG, latest patern, as of 5am gmt, which reports no virus found. This certainly appears virus like, and I wondered if anyone had noticed similar behavour. Coincidentaly I recently allowed Windows to report an error.
Installed 7zip v4.26. and also my computer may have been accsessed by sources other than the internet. Has anyone else experienced, or can explain this.

Bogey.

ps,As a result of this I am unable to carry out any testing. Or enter the weekend challange.

Bogey

Post by Bogey » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:29 am

Ive just completed a full virus scan, with no virus found.

Bogey.

Bogey

Post by Bogey » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:16 am

Several reboots later it seems to be ok.
Can a moderater remove this post so as not to confuse the issue.

Bogey

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:16 am

Some possibilities are

1) poor voltage to your CPU
2) poor voltage to your RAM
3) overheating CPU
4) memory corruption

LetterRip

tgraupmann

Post by tgraupmann » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:13 am

I got a virus before that affected ZBrush. Even though I had the purchased version, any button I pressed caused the "this feature is not available in the demo" popup to occur. And the size of the exe was a meg bigger than it should have been. It proceeded to infect other exe's including burning software. I was able to reinstall nero to save my work just in time. And then reformated which destroyed the virus. The end...