blender 2.4 alpha 2

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kakapo

blender 2.4 alpha 2

Post by kakapo »

http://www.blender.org/cms/Newsitem.607 ... 1be.0.html

i noticed this but the download page still contains the alpha 1?

stiv

Post by stiv »

Linux PPC still is at alpha 1, but the other filenames all seem to be alpha 2.

Time to press the cache reload button on your browser?

kakapo

Post by kakapo »

ah, thanks! stupid cache, pressing f5 fixed it. :)

brucegregory

Post by brucegregory »

When using auto IK, (i.e. on the last bone in the chain), keyframes seem unable to be set for loc or rotation of the bone. In every other way, the auto IK seems to work, just doesn't allow for keying the bone you manipulate using auto IK.

Greg Smith

brucegregory

Post by brucegregory »

I also noticed that when using B-Bones and giving the last bone in the chain several segments, along with the other bones in the chain, that, although the bones closer to the root exhibit "bendiness", the last IK constrained bone does not bend much, if at all. As a workaround, you could just make the last bone in the chain very short and not segment it at all.

Greg Smith

aligorith

Post by aligorith »

Hi,

I've noticed that quite often, when I try to go into Weight Paint mode, Blender pops up an error saying 'Mesh octree coding error'. Once, this resulted in one vertex group having all its weights set to the current weight.

Aligorith

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

please file bug reports in the tracker with test blend files that demonstrate the problem, it is really difficult to solve a bug if you don't know it exists, and don't have a way to reproduce it.

LetterRip

Howitzer

Post by Howitzer »

Speaking of bugs, I've noticed you folks have dumbed down the particle panel when I compared it to the other CVS versions. Good fur is still possible, but a little more difficult with that original panel. I like the CVS particle panel better.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, which is why I have not submited it.

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

The one you quote as "other CVS" is not actually in CVS. It's a separate patch that individual builders may have applied. Ton is looking at integrating it properly into the main tree at the moment.