Blender tutorial for Mac OSX

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kersey

Blender tutorial for Mac OSX

Post by kersey » Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:46 am

I downloaded Blender for Mac OSX. I purchased the Official Blender Guide and find that it is referring to the Windows system. Since I don't have the 3 button mouse I assume that there are other ways for the Mac OS to operate the program. I am new to this type of software and look forward to having some fun with it, however, I am having a difficult time getting started. I have attempted to locate tutorials for the Mac on various sites that are recommended, but have not had much luck. Can anyone direct me to some Mac tutorials?
Thanks a bunch,
Ron K.

Crasty

mac os x

Post by Crasty » Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:34 pm

Mac OS X Info - http://www.blender3d.org/BlenderProduct ... eneral.php

How do I use Blender with a one button mouse ?

Blender is programmed to be used with a 3 button mouse. When you are using the standard 1 button Apple mouse this functionality can be accessed by keeping keyboard keys pressed while pressing the mouse button.

* With the left mouse button you can activate on screen menus and buttons, resize sub-windows and set the 3D view cursor. In the Mac version this is the default behaviour when you press the mouse button.
* With the middle mouse button you can move, rotate and zoom the 3D view or other views. Keep the Alt key pressed in combination with the Shift and Ctrl keys to get this behaviour when you press the mouse button.
* With the right mouse button you can select 3D objects. Keep the Apple (aka Command) key on your keyboard pressed when pressing the mouse button.

good luck,

kersey

info on Mac blender

Post by kersey » Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:22 pm

Crasty,
Thanks so much for the info. I went to the sites you posted and am much more confident now about using the app with OSX. I look forward to contributing to the forum as I become more involved with Blender.
Ron K.