Blenderart #2 Released

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dreamsgate

Blenderart #2 Released

Post by dreamsgate » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:28 pm

We have finally finished issue #2 and it is packed full of articles and tutorials. :D
Due to popular request, Blend files have also been included with the magazine download.

So pick up your copy at the following mirrors.

http://apollux-designs.com/BA-Magazine/NewsStand.php

http://www.intellidesign.org/blenderart_mag/

http://www.blendertestbuilds.de/index.p ... lenderart/

http://www.freesmug.org/mirrors/blenderart/

Thanks to all our mirrors (apollux, kidb, prince and Carlo Gandolfi) for hosting us :D
Last edited by dreamsgate on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

kidb

Re: Blenderart #2 Released

Post by kidb » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:39 am

dreamsgate wrote:I will post the other mirror links as soon as I get them.
http://www.blendertestbuilds.de/index.p ... lenderart/

kakapo

Post by kakapo » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:45 am

wow, awesome! :)

grafixsuz

Thank you very much

Post by grafixsuz » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:24 am

:D This is awesome. I want to say thank you for all your hard work and dedication to providing us with this professional standard magazine.

Especially is having some examples to come with the magazine is truely helpful for beginners as myself :oops:

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:53 am

congratulations, you all did a superb job.

LetterRip

ChrisKnoll

Post by ChrisKnoll » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:20 am

Good thing about magazines like these is that it makes every wannabe 3d artists like me get in touch with things related to Blender all in one place without having to wade through hundreds of forums looking for something new. It's very encouraging, indeed, to stick with Blender. Hope Blenderart mag will continue to be issued without fail. I have no idea how many more Blender converts it attracted. Probably another thousand.

User communities in commercial packages are missing a lot for lacking something like this. Congrats to Blenderart mag creators once again!

Chris

dreamsgate

Post by dreamsgate » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:51 am

Thank you all so much for the warm compliments. It makes it all worthwhile.
Next issue will be in March. :D
Managing Editor Blenderart Magazine:
blog | E-shops | My Squidoo Lenses | personal webpage

adrian

Post by adrian » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:38 pm

Good stuff, much appreciated.

kernond

Post by kernond » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:32 pm

Looks great!! A huge improvement from the first issue. Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this project. Keep it up!

gauravnawani

Post by gauravnawani » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:06 am

kernond wrote:Looks great!! A huge improvement from the first issue. Thanks for all the hard work that goes into this project. Keep it up!
Content quality or appreance ?? :P

kernond

Post by kernond » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:12 am

Both! With the content, there seems to be more variety with the Orange Team interviews, etc. And, the appearance is MUCH more readable concerning the column widths and formatting. Overall, I think the design tweaks have made for a better publication.

If it's possible, it would be great to have a version of the magazine that is more PDA friendy. I use "Adobe Reader for the Palm OS" to read it on my PDA and it seems that some of the text is actually a graphic. I'm sure that's to ensure that the text-styling remains intact without requiring the user to have the same fonts on their system. But, it puts a strain on my PDA while moving through the document. If there could be an HTML version (or some other format that would allow you to retain the same look and feel of the publication) that would be great...blenderart magazine on the go!

Thanks again!

kernond

Post by kernond » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:22 am

Duh! I just realized that I can "Save As..." the pdf file to many different formats from within Adobe Acrobat!

However, it would still be cool to get the magazine already in that format for downloading. Especially if you don't have Acrobat.

Thought: If my results with exporting the PDF to RTF, HTML, or whatever works best, looks good I wouldn't have a problem making it available to someone who could make it available to others (i.e. - I can't respond to several people wanting me to email them an HTML version of the magazine). Of course that's IF it exports nicely.

dmoc

Post by dmoc » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:19 pm

Fantastic mag, well done!

gauravnawani

Post by gauravnawani » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:52 am

kernond wrote:If it's possible, it would be great to have a version of the magazine that is more PDA friendy. I use "Adobe Reader for the Palm OS" to read it on my PDA and it seems that some of the text is actually a graphic.

Thanks again!
Well that would not be possible just yet, first I dont have any PDA so I dont know how it appears on it. :P

Are there any particular reading formats like pdf for PDAs.

If possible can you provide me screen shots of the parts of text you think or appear to be images. And whats the resolution of the PDA screen.

Thanks for the feedbacks.

nam

Post by nam » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:51 pm

i have a pda, and adobe acrobat for palm is a free download. it converts pdf (computers) to pdf (palm). It might not look as pretty as it was designed to...but i think it would work. I can test it if you would like.

here's the link to the site:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/r ... rpalm.html