3d Festival 2003 in Copenhagen

General discussion about the development of the open source Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kniffo

3d Festival 2003 in Copenhagen

Post by kniffo »

Well, while you are talking about the siggraph, I have something similar for you people.

Perhaps some of you noticed, that there will be the 3D Festival held in Copenhagen this year from the 7th to 10th of may.

There is the 3DFestival and the Game Developers World. As we've had a great success with the Games Conference in germany it's possible ( if not obvious ) the the 3D Festival will be important for european developers of games related software to show up there.

Related to, I have the question: What are your plans people? Do you want to get there or not? Do you, Ton&Team, planned to show blender there? I mean, at the moment the blender is fully capable of producing games content - with the plugin it gets a complete new dimension. I think, its worth a try to show up there and to show the blender to the people.
Until that time, I think, we will have some good .blend-Files to show up there...

So, what are your plans?

Greetings from germany
/Kniffo

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton »

I've got an invitation for this conference already months ago... but also for GDC, Milia, and a few others.

Maybe I can help the Danish users out there to participate? I have to set priorities for where to put my energy... doing siggraph already is a lot of work, not mentioning helping blender getting developed as open source!

-Ton-

kniffo

Post by kniffo »

well, drop me a line about what you would like to see there and how you want to have the blender showing up there. I plan to get there ( its not that far away ). We also got an invitation. Perhaps we can advertise the idea of blender while you are planning for GDC...

eskil

Post by eskil »

If you could get me in I may be able to go, I can talk about what ever you need me to, and i think i have some friends i can stay with. So It shouldn't have to cost too much, but I would rather go if there is a plan or agenda that i can help with.

Btw, GDC rocks, I cant afford to go, but I would encourage any one who can to go, is some ways its even better then Siggraph. If you need a representative to go, just call me ;-)

E

Clawz

Post by Clawz »

since i live in denmark it could be cool to go see it - do you have a link to their site?

kniffo

Post by kniffo »

sten

Post by sten »

It would be very nice to me since I just live across Copenhagen, in Sweden and in a city called Malmö, the only border is a a bridge in between that lets me take a train 45 min over to Denmark :)

so it would probably take me 1½ hour or something to get to 3D festival since they moved it out of the center of Copenhagen to Bella Center.

I am in for it !!! :D

and dont forget, there are more than Danish Users !!!!!!!!!! :D

but, I am no game developer...but linear stuff instead :)

kniffo

Post by kniffo »

well, u are from Malmö?

Hey, I come from Rügen, u know that? :) Should not be _that_ far away from you ...

Well, there's a small games studio, right? I've seen something in the internet about them, thought about writing to them because of possible work...

sten

Post by sten »

kniffo wrote:well, u are from Malmö?

Hey, I come from Rügen, u know that? :) Should not be _that_ far away from you ...
Yes !!
I am living in Malmö !! as central as you can get :D

it is North Germany close to Denmark, right ?
kniffo wrote:Well, there's a small games studio, right? I've seen something in the internet about them, thought about writing to them because of possible work...
There are actually 2 of them that I am aware of (I think there's a 3rd one but I am not sure):

1. Massive Entertainment

2. Termite Games

But making it into such company is a hard time and struggle,
you must be very good and have alot of portfolio to show off.

I haven't tried though (since I am a linear guy), but I know for a fact
that some time back Massive had to put out bunch people out of work,
but how it is now I don't know, I just remember they
mentioned it in the paper.

Up in Helsingborg there are also 1 or 2 game companies, one is called Atod (www.atod.se),
and one more...can't recall, I might check it up.

Oh well, some info for you
paper. :)